Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

internet car company

Options
  • 07-05-2007 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

hi just wondering if anyone has had any experience’s with internet car company in co. Meath, they seem to specialize in importing nice cars/jeeps from the uk at very reasonable prices, seems hard to work out how they are making any money on the sales etc..... has anyone made a purchase from them in the past 12 months? How did you find them?:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

a quick search on here revealed:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054956254&referrerid=&highlight=internet+car+company
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=291478&referrerid=&highlight=internet+car+company

If you do look at a car there then get it professionally checked and also investigate the service history (HPI, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 alwaysonthego

thanks for the tips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I can recommend Fabio et al. They have looked after my dad and a few of his work colleagues with nice BMWs and Mercs.

If they offer to sell your own car for you then politely decline. Look at all of the stock they have, I reckon half of these are clients cars. If howver they offer you trade-in then take it. Otherwise you could private sell and go to them with cash.

Other than the whole offering to sell your car for you, I would say go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I looked at a few cars there and there was some great value. Something better came along though.
    First of all he was selling some cars for around 10k. I told him I had 6-7k to spend and straight away all the 10k cars were for sale for €6-7k

ballooba wrote:
    I can recommend Fabio et al. They have looked after my dad and a few of his work colleagues with nice BMWs and Mercs.

If they offer to sell your own car for you then politely decline. Look at all of the stock they have, I reckon half of these are clients cars. If howver they offer you trade-in then take it. Otherwise you could private sell and go to them with cash.

Other than the whole offering to sell your car for you, I would say go for it.

great thanks for that info :
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭omega man

I went to them about 2 years ago and gave them all my details and they were to call back, they never did needless to say! I have no tolerance for dealers we dont call back, poor sales. I must admit its quite a common problem i experience. I went to a bmw 2 weeks ago and the same happened. I ended up buying a bmw from another dealer a week later so it was their loss.

omega man wrote:
    I went to them about 2 years ago and gave them all my details and they were to call back, they never did needless to say! I have no tolerance for dealers we dont call back, poor sales. I must admit its quite a common problem i experience. I went to a bmw 2 weeks ago and the same happened. I ended up buying a bmw from another dealer a week later so it was their loss.
    thanks for letting me know

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭BarryM3

I called in there a while ago and the chap who owns it was very helpful, but as I was looking for a very specific car he unfortunately couldn't help me..

My mother bought a car from them a while back.... everything is 100% from it.

My understanding is that he buys cars from the UK, VRTs them and sells them here for a few quid profit.... He of course, being in the trade and being a regular buyer can get deals from the garages he deals with that regular punters just can't...Hence the low prices, don't be worried though he's making money :P

I was under the impression that you find the car and then they get it for you. That's the way my dad did it anyway. Dad found the car in a dealership in Plymouth and ICC did the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

omega man wrote:
    I went to them about 2 years ago and gave them all my details and they were to call back, they never did needless to say! I have no tolerance for dealers we dont call back, poor sales. I must admit its quite a common problem i experience.
    sure go and email most dealers asking them about a car... you either get no response or you get "please call me"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ballooba wrote:
    I was under the impression that you find the car and then they get it for you. That's the way my dad did it anyway. Dad found the car in a dealership in Plymouth and ICC did the rest.

they went brought the car in over here and i assume all your father had to do was vrt and tax it?

how much did they charge for this do you know, it could be very handy for me if they can do that

draffodx wrote:
    they went brought the car in over here and i assume all your father had to do was vrt and tax it?

how much did they charge for this do you know, it could be very handy for me if they can do that
    I think they had it on Irish plates for him when he picked it up. In total i think they charged about €1500 for the lot. They also got him a fair bit of discount. It was definitely worth my dad's while because otherwise he would have had to take a day or two off from running the business.

ballooba wrote:
    It was definitely worth my dad's while because otherwise he would have had to take a day or two off from running the business.

yeh taking a couple of days off work and travelling would be too much hassle for me too, €1500 doesnt too bad i suppose to save losing wages and cost of bringing it over.

draffodx wrote:
    yeh taking a couple of days off work and travelling would be too much hassle for me too, €1500 doesnt too bad i suppose to save losing wages and cost of bringing it over.
    Price it up with them. As far as I remember that is what dad said to me. For the car he was buying that €1500 only represented 1-2% of the overall price. He probably save a multiple on that by buying through them.

yeh i think i'll email them and see, do they take trade in's do you know?

draffodx wrote:
    yeh i think i'll email them and see, do they take trade in's do you know?
    They may accept trade-in, which is fine.

I reckon they will offer to sell your car for you. This is not a good idea with any garage, there is no motivation whatsoever for them to sell your car. My golden rule is never ever buy before selling. My dad got stung badly on this before and I have learned from his lesson.

Private sell or trade-in. Never ever get left with two cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,983 ✭✭✭✭unkel

ballooba wrote:
    My golden rule is never ever buy before selling. My dad got stung badly on this before and I have learned from his lesson.

Private sell or trade-in. Never ever get left with two cars.

Good rule, but it only works for someone that can be without a car for a length of time. Most people can't

unkel wrote:
    Good rule, but it only works for someone that can be without a car for a length of time. Most people can't
    I was one week between selling and buying. My rental car for that time was less than €100. I probably could have afforded another week. It's so much easier going to buy with cash.

Advertisement