Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT problem..

Options
  • 07-05-2007 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Im having a problem viewing video on my laptop... seems there might be a few IT gurus among you so wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I can view, for example, video on Sky news, but if I try to view an online webcam or programme preview it just comes up like a coloured "negative". Can hear the sound perfectly, just the image is distorted.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

try adjusting your resolution - that could be it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Could also be the codecs your using to view the video files...try http://www.filehippo.com/download_klite_codec_pack/
    Install it and try to view your videos again.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

Thanks ... will try both and see what happens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

also make sur eyou have the latest java version installed too:

http://www.java.com/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

Sadly didnt go so well. Downloaded the Codec pack and also tried to adjust the resolution but must have done something wrong as my PC died. I restarted it once installed but the operating system crashed....Spent two hours (and €50!) on to Dell and finally got the system restored, its fine now.

Still have fuzzy visuals!! In fairness Im not so tech - minded so might get someone to look at it. Is there a PC doctor or something you can bring a pc to, to get these things sorted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If your in dublin i can certainly havea quick look at it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

You can try checking Dell's website for a new graphics card driver/firmware.

I had that issue when I first got my laptop from Dell with an ATI graphics card. Predator style movie clips played until I updated the driver.

Advertisement