Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can some1 tell me?

Options
  • 07-05-2007 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I'm looking to find out the actual bhp of a standard civic type r,00 model.I've heard various figures from 145!-185.Anyone clear this up.?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I'm looking to find out the actual bhp of a standard civic type r,00 model.I've heard various figures from 145!-185.Anyone clear this up.?

the official figure is 185 bhp.
    ek shape civic whic is 1996-2000 model

but dont forget that this figure is based on japans 100 ron fuel, realistically over here running on 95 ron and without a remap you will more than likely be running approx 170-175 bhp.

whoever told you 145 doesnt know their hondas :D

sure a standard irish VTi id 158bhp!

hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 3 Bags Full

Cheers,on utube it had a civic r on rolling road,title was "civic type r on rolling road 144bhp at wheels",taught it was closer to the figures you have quoted.Buying one on wednesday,really looking forward to it.!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

"at the wheels" figure is different to the other rated figure (180) which is "at the fly"

Ive seen a good few dynoed and they tend to not be far off there rated figure,its a great car either ways with a rake of tuning potential and should keep a smile on your face all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Cheers,on utube it had a civic r on rolling road,title was "civic type r on rolling road 144bhp at wheels",taught it was closer to the figures you have quoted.Buying one on wednesday,really looking forward to it.!

Best of luck with it man, I got a 97 one last week and I'm lovin it!:cool:

Advertisement