Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Service book / Wallet

Options
  • 07-05-2007 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

Wheres the best place to get a blank service book.Its for a vw polo 00-02 not the round lights.Im also looking for the whole wallet with the small booklets in it

I have been offered one on ebay but it seems expensive
    Does anyone work in VW, I think the part number is 211557POL20 as thats what a seller on ebay mentioned to me

Hope someone can help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

how much would you like to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Any VW dealer should be able to order this through the parts department. I used to sell VW parts years ago and often ordered owners manuals and service schedule books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

colm_mcm wrote:
    how much would you like to spend?
    Well 1st i need to know hoe much are they? :)

If anyone can get me one i would appricate it.As i want to get a service done early next month

crosstownk wrote:
    Any VW dealer should be able to order this through the parts department. I used to sell VW parts years ago and often ordered owners manuals and service schedule books.

Perfect.Would you know how much they are approx.What garage is the best to order this from.Who has the largest service.parts dept. I live in south dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I doubt it'd be more than €30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bennyx_o wrote:
    I doubt it'd be more than €30

Wow i would love if i can get it that cheap.I have tried ebay and just a service book costs over 10 pound.I need the whole wallet, manuals and service book.

it looks like i need to start calling afew garages this week.
    If someone works in Vw or can get this for me it would be great as i have exams and wont have alot of time to call around.
    Anyone work up in foster motors sandford(its the closest to me) :D
    Thanks in advance

They are relatively inexpensive. Sorry, but I don't remember the price - if I did it wouldn't be accurate today - it's a while since I worked in VW parts. Give your local dealer a call and quote the part number - they should be able to get you price from that.

EDIT : The link that Colm provided doesn't recognise the part number you supplied.

Call Fosters and ask for Martin - he's a top notch VW partsman.

• Advertisement

crosstownk wrote:
    They are relatively inexpensive. Sorry, but I don't remember the price - if I did it wouldn't be accurate today - it's a while since I worked in VW parts. Give your local dealer a call and quote the part number - they should be able to get you price from that.

EDIT : The link that Colm provided doesn't recognise the part number you supplied.

Thanks

Just to keep you guys updated i ordered it through a company called motor distributors and they didnt have it so they ordered it from germany.It should be here in 3-4 weeks. :)
    I think he said its free :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

drdre wrote:

Or it could cost a small fortune?? :p

Onkle wrote:
    Or it could cost a small fortune?? :p

If its free its fine,if i have to pay abit im also fine with that. :)

drdre wrote:
    Just to keep you guys updated i ordered it through a company called motor distributors and they didnt have it so they ordered it from germany.It should be here in 3-4 weeks. :)

I can't believe that MDL even spoke to you! That's not like them at all - they don't generally deal with public and they usually just tell you talk to your local dealer.

3-4 weeks - that brings a whole new meaning to snail-mail. But hey, at least it's free - assuming it arrives at all, based on my experience with MDL who, incidentally are the current importer for VW but only until next year when VW take over the importing and distribution of VW products in Ireland. Roll on 2008..........

drdre, after 3 weeks keep hassling them for it - it's highly unlikely these people will contact you first.

crosstownk wrote:
    I can't believe that MDL even spoke to you! That's not like them at all - they don't generally deal with public and they usually just tell you talk to your local dealer.

3-4 weeks - that brings a whole new meaning to snail-mail. But hey, at least it's free - assuming it arrives at all, based on my experience with MDL who, incidentally are the current importer for VW but only until next year when VW take over the importing and distribution of VW products in Ireland. Roll on 2008..........

drdre, after 3 weeks keep hassling them for it - it's highly unlikely these people will contact you first.

Yes ive heard big admin issues about MDL , they take ages and never contact you.So i will keep calling them after the 3-4 weeks.Well hope they call me earlier :)

Advertisement