Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A string laden tune what I wrote (and uploaded)

Options
  • 07-05-2007 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Legato String Thing

You can download or stream with a BB connection.

Any thoughts welcome :)

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I quite like this. It has tension yet remains calm and relaxed (a paradox, I know :)). It reminds me of the score for Blade Runner, and I'm a big fan of film scores, so big thumbs up!

As an aside, what equipment/programs do you use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm a huge Blade Runner score fan as well but I had'nt really made a connection (no synths!).

Very basic set-up for that track. I used a couple of Soundfonts (I have a coal-powered Soundblaster Live card from about 1998) and a basic midi sequencer, the midi was mixed down to audio and tweaked in Soundforge 4.5.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

mike65 wrote:
    I'm a huge Blade Runner score fan as well but I had'nt really made a connection (no synths!).

It wasn't the instruments, it was more the rhythm and harmonies that reminded me. Hmmm.... maybe I'm thinking of a different film.... it could be Labyrinth. Ah well, a good reason to watch Blade Runner again.

Advertisement