Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BG&RH - Breakfast of the gods!

Options
  • 07-05-2007 1:59pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well more brunch tbh ;)

My brothers can I recommend corned beef hash and eggs?

PattysDiner16.jpg

chop up 1 can corned beef & place in a lg.bowl,add 2 lg.potatoes(grated),1 T.pepper,& 1
    egg. mix-up,heat oil in fry pan,when hot, put in the beef mix,pat it down some with
    fork into a cake shape,sprinkle with 1 teaspn. dry mustard,turn down heat to
    medium,cover it. When brown underneath,put a plate on top,& flip it onto a plate,&
    slip it back onto the pan,& fry it on other side, leaving off lid, when done, slide it onto
    plate

I realise it involves cooking but needs must :D Perfect for a bank holiday blowout after a couple of good nights out.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

my favourite is to get a big frying pan, do sausages, rashers, pudding, mushrooms and tomatoe until the are cooked. They make a few little spaces around the pan and break some eggs into them, 3 should do it. The eggs should set everything in place so you end up with a breakfast 'pizza' if you will. slide the whole lot out as one big piece. mmmmmmmm

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

copacetic wrote:
    my favourite is to get a big frying pan, do sausages, rashers, pudding, mushrooms and tomatoe until the are cooked. They make a few little spaces around the pan and break some eggs into them, 3 should do it. The eggs should set everything in place so you end up with a breakfast 'pizza' if you will. slide the whole lot out as one big piece. mmmmmmmm

Jamie Oliver does just that recipe. Sounds good. CBH was majestic earlier however. Good quality OJ and coffee with it btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Every time i look in one of these food threads my mouth waters and i get the
    urge to gorge myself on fries. That plate load of food has made me very hungry
    and i think its time i put on a few more pounds.

/runs to the stove.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Sucks over here, Germans being all healthy :( Can't get a proper fry-up!
    The best I've found, though not quite the same, is at a little cafe just around the corner from me. Fried potatoes mixed with bits of chopped up bacon and onions with 3 fried eggs thrown on top for €3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

what you need:
    butter
    1 onion, chopped
    half a kilo of ham, chopped or diced
    half a kilo of potatoes, diced or sliced
    a handfull of cheddar cheese, grated
    a little bit of tomato puree
    a little bit of worcestershire sauce
    6 eggs
    a dash of tabasco sauce

1. fry the onion
    2. mix the fried onion, ham, potato, cheese, worcestershire sauce and tomato puree and season with a little salt and pepper
    3. spread the mix into a baking dish and bake for about 15 mins
    4. take out of the oven and make 6 hollows in the mix, put the eggs in the hollows
    5. melt butter and add a little tabasco sauce to taste
    6. dribble the melted butter and tabasco over the eggs
    7. bake until the eggs are cooked (about 20 mins)
    8. enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

jester77 wrote:
    Sucks over here, Germans being all healthy :( Can't get a proper fry-up!
    The best I've found, though not quite the same, is at a little cafe just around the corner from me. Fried potatoes mixed with bits of chopped up bacon and onions with 3 fried eggs thrown on top for €3!

Can you not find a local english/irish shop. I was living near cologne last year and apparently there was numerous in cologne, also the local irish pub always had decent fry? I feel sorry for you brother jester..:(

Darren1o1 wrote:
    Can you not find a local english/irish shop. I was living near cologne last year and apparently there was numerous in cologne, also the local irish pub always had decent fry? I feel sorry for you brother jester..:(

Yeah, but that take's effort. It takes 15 mins to get to my local Irish bar and as for the price - well I could probably buy a small pig! And even though the nearest English shop is less than 10 mins away the sausages they sell just don't cut it and the pudding is not on the same level as Shaws or Clonakilty :( But they do have Birds Eye waffles... hard to beat a feed of waffles with a tin of beans on top washed down with some good beer in the evenings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

jester77 wrote:
    Yeah, but that take's effort. It takes 15 mins to get to my local Irish bar and as for the price - well I could probably buy a small pig! And even though the nearest English shop is less than 10 mins away the sausages they sell just don't cut it and the pudding is not on the same level as Shaws or Clonakilty :( But they do have Birds Eye waffles... hard to beat a feed of waffles with a tin of beans on top washed down with some good beer in the evenings :D

Those glorious kebab shops everywhere, oh how i miss that country!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It might affect the waistline but this is my breakfast: Coffee and Cigarettes

Coffee_and_Cigarettes_4123b.jpg

Fried potatoes mixed with bits of chopped up bacon and onions with 3 fried eggs thrown on top for €3!

Nothing wrong with that, sounds tasty as fook.

• Advertisement

Nothing wrong with that, sounds tasty as fook.

Well tasty but still no substitute for the original!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

the downside to livin in Australia is the fry's

granted theres nothin quite like a bacon and egg sandwich cooked on a makeshift Barbie (sheet of steel, bricks, fire, disinfect with alcohol) when yer 5 hours from the nearest establishment that will do it for ya.

But, and this is a huge BUT!

snags, thats what the call em, they look kinda like sausages till you eat one, then you realise that they're made of Beef, often up to 15% probable beef, just ruins the whole experience for me.

also, just to check, I like a few fried tomatoes with me brekkie, sliced in half, fried till the skin is loose but stays on, then fill the inside with salt Mmmmmmm......

thats ok init? I know that technicaly its fruit but I believe the excessive quantities of salt counter any healthy sideeffects

also, just to check, I like a few fried tomatoes with me brekkie, sliced in half, fried till the skin is loose but stays on, then fill the inside with salt Mmmmmmm......

Indeed, that's a mandatory fry up ingredient. I like it fried until it's nice and soggy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

good I was kinda worried, cos I remembered more non meat products that I enjoy when fried;
    sodabread
    mushrooms
    spuds
    and the odd bit of Capsicum for the aul wakeywakey effect,

not fully converted to beans yet tho cos they require a seperate cooking utensils

who else melts a bit of cheese into their tomatoes after filling them with salt?

and one last question, this has been wreckin me head for years, does anyone else remember Galtee CheeseySausages, I cqan remember eating them nearly everyday for one summer then goin to the shop to discover they were no more, or is that just somekinda acidtrip I had later in life

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

MY favourite breakfast has to be cholestrol cereal.

All it takes is 2 sausages, 2 rashers and one egg.

Fry/grill sausages and rashers, to your preferance, chop into little bits, put in a bowl (this'll be your "cereal").

Poach the egg, stick it in a bowl or cup and then stir it until it's like a lumpy liquid. Use this as your "milk", by pouring it onto the "cereal".

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Sofaspud wrote:
    Poach the egg, stick it in a bowl or cup and then stir it until it's like a lumpy liquid. Use this as your "milk", by pouring it onto the "cereal".

Enjoy.

Ew...

Advertisement