Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture, Furnishings in Cork

Options
  • 07-05-2007 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi Guys,

Recently come up on the housing list and need to furnish the place from top to bottom, we got a few quotes for electrical goods after shopping around the main biggies and seem to have settled on Flor G's.. Need to get a 3 piece and dining table/chairs now and flooring, lino, laminate, carpet, anyone recommend any good (cheap) people for the furniture and flooring? :confused:

Appreciate it..

P x :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

You get what you pay for lad and i found flors not great unless you wanted un branded stuff, O'mahonys in maylor st had zanussi stuff cheaper than flor. Try Dwyers before you buy as they have no delivery charges.
    Furniture, try square deal but its really looking until you see something u like e.g. arromount, cobh cross, reids, square deal, new furniture centre etc etc. Don't forget all the outlying towns as It took 6 months before I found table and chairs I liked

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Wherever you shop offer cash for a good price - i.e. you'll always get a discount when paying cash, or so I discovered when I was furnishing my place - I saved about €1,000.00 on the few hundred here, the few hundred there. I bought electric/white goods down Washington Street. Got some bits in Japara at Kinsale Roundabout and other bits at The Loft. As I said, offer cash when buying lots.

Also, there isn't a great rush to get everything in at the same time, it may be worth looking at Second Hand stuff in Pink Pages or noticeboards in Shopping Centres.

BEST OF LUCK!!!

Advertisement