Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop screen gains mysterious white patches.

Options
  • 06-05-2007 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

At first it started with one white poka dotted one on the top center of my screen, it wasnt noticable, still isnt. now there's a few patches around the screen. There's like four on it right now. Because the area behind them is white they stand out a lot lot more. They're just a lot whiter.

I have no idea what's causing this, should I be worried? It does seem to be spreading somewhat.

http://www.nec-computers.com/support/pib.asp?platform=platform_Rhea_SN_i-Select&mode=default&source=1902
    That's my laptop there. It's less than a year old, would a warrenty cover screen faults?

Thanks for any help you can supply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Well the problem seems to have gotten worse.. o_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Glazun wrote:
    At first it started with one white poka dotted one on the top center of my screen, it wasnt noticable, still isnt. now there's a few patches around the screen. There's like four on it right now. Because the area behind them is white they stand out a lot lot more. They're just a lot whiter.

I have no idea what's causing this, should I be worried? It does seem to be spreading somewhat.

http://www.nec-computers.com/support/pib.asp?platform=platform_Rhea_SN_i-Select&mode=default&source=1902
    That's my laptop there. It's less than a year old, would a warrenty cover screen faults?

Thanks for any help you can supply.

My guess its a hardware fault. Could be drivers but I doubt it. Backup your data, and files, clear them off the laptop and then set the laptop back to its default. Then get it fixed under warranty.

Advertisement