Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clemens a Yankee!

Options
  • 06-05-2007 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

Uh Oh for the AL East. That move in a way is equivalent to Toronto losing Halladay and Boston losing Schilling. Clemens, Mussina (soon), Wang and Pettite...DANGER!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

Bring it on!! This doesn't change a thing as far as I'm concerned. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

$18m for 4 months work ($28m pro-rated)?

Clemens rarely pitched more than 6 innings when playing with the 'Stros (in AAAA) in '06. Let's see how how he re-adjusts to the AL.

He will be 45 in August. That's old.

I like the bullish statements from the Sox players-they probably feel as I do-if a 45 year old pitcher is the difference between winning and losing the AL East, well they don't deserve to win it anyway.

Sox/Yanks play at Fenway again June 1-3. That's in line with Clemens' timeframe to make his first start.

Clemens v. Schilling would be something-especially give Schilling's views on whether or not the Red Sox needed him. Clemens v. Beckett would also be special (Clemens is Beckett's hero apparently).

Or, as the blogger on the Globe says, how about giving Clemens' No. 21 (which hasn't been used since he left) to returning cancer victim Jon Lester and trotting him out? Fenway would go nuts.

I with free2fly-bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RORYBBELLOWS8

He screwed the yankees the first time round when he "retired".

And he screwed the Astros this time round. The guy has been using their training facilities to stay in shape. How must the stros organisation feel about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

And he screwed the Astros this time round. The guy has been using their training facilities to stay in shape. How must the stros organisation feel about that?

Not only that, he has a 10 year 'services' contract with the 'Stros. This means that he could be back there next year throwing BP to his son.......(who he through behind/at previously.......)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭PappaCSkillz22

When reached for comment, Wally the Green Monster said;

''Yes, the Boston Red Sox are absolutely terrified of a 45 year old man with a groin problem pitching on a team that's going to be 12 games out when he pitches his first game''

I believe he was being sarcastic

• Advertisement
Advertisement