Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iQon laptop Model 8050 HD image CD

Options
  • 06-05-2007 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Does anyone know where a copy of the system CD can be found for this model. Installed Linux on it & it wiped complete Hard Drive plus system software drivers etc. Have tried the obvious sies iQon etc, but no luck.
    Failing System CD can anybody assist in restoring laptop to original state. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

If it's like the PCs then it should be F10. Just keep hitting it on startup. IQon can give you a CD , at a price. Not sure how much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pcr1000

Thanks for the reply. I tried F10 but I think this will only work if the original backup is still on the hard disk. Unfortunately Linux removed all the partitions. What would it have cost iQon to include a backuo on CD, like most PC makers do. At this stage I would buy a CD as I've got no ports, the BIOS is an obscure one also called Insyde MobilePro. I've never come across this one before & I've had quite a few PC's thru my hands. From all accounts their customer service is diabolical. I've one last shot as a guy I know bought a laptop like mine & maybe we can get files off the hidden partition on his. Here's hoping !!!!! Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Ring the main number and ask for Sales and explain your problem. Much better to deal with. I guess the cost would be €10-€20, ala Dell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭finbarr

I had bought one of their PC's at the factory sale recently and when I got it home windows wasn't installed correctly. Not being PC genius I installed a version of windows from my old PC and only then did I realise that all the drivers were missing and the system backup had been overwritten (by me - duh!) in the process. I contacted a tech support guy who was about as much use as tits on a bull and finally called a sales person who agreed to send out system recovery disk for a whopping €50!!!

Advertisement