Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please

Options
  • 06-05-2007 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

Ok my laptop is starting to act up on me. Its a dell latitude d820 and the screen isnt working. It works the odd time just to show me there is a memory parity error. I still have days left on my warrenty with dell or could i fix it myself.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

The error its reading it mv4_disp. Its not the hdd as its booted into windows and I just couldnt do anything. So Im pretty sure its the ram so I reseated that and its still going wacko.
    Any opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

Sounds like a motherboard on the way out.

Get it fixed by DELL dude.................

Dude................you've got a broken DELL

Ya id say it is the motherboard just checked the ram there and thats not the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

You've got a Dell Latitude D820, which means its a business laptop sold more than likely with a 3 Year Next Business Day warranty so just goto www.dell.ie
    and enter your Service tag number from the Bottom of the laptop...generally a 7 digit number ending in J, Once you confirm you have warranty left on the unit (which i imagine you do) call 1850 543 543 for tech support to fix the issue!

it doesnt have a 3yr next day i have 54 days left on a standard 1 year warrenty and there not open until tomorrow

• Advertisement

Ya rang them on Thursday and they said i needed a new lcd panel came on monday(yesterday) with a technician and still didnt work so got a new motherboard today. I have to say that dell really amazed me on this 1. People always complain about them being dear but personally when it comes to laptops there A1.

Ive got a brand new lcd panel and mobo within 4 working days of me ringing them which I think is pretty impressive.

Ya rang them on Thursday and they said i needed a new lcd panel came on monday(yesterday) with a technician and still didnt work so got a new motherboard today. I have to say that dell really amazed me on this 1. People always complain about them being dear but personally when it comes to laptops there A1.

Ive got a brand new lcd panel and mobo within 4 working days of me ringing them which I think is pretty impressive.

Advertisement