Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing your dole singing date

Options
  • 06-05-2007 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Due to a funeral, I am due to sing on Monday, but I’m in Scotland at a Funeral, and back on Friday, if I call them on Monday, will they be kind to me?

I had to go at short notice, as it was a accent, and I’m very upset and in-shock with the sad news I got yesterday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

All well and good, but I don't think this would make a good forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

I honestly don't know, but Monday is a bank holiday, I presume wherever you sign for social welfare will probably be closed. Try phoning them anyway.

Oh and support: ? for the forum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Bumped over from Forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

support + 1 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

irish147 wrote:
    Due to a funeral, I am due to sing on Monday,

I might be english, but I wasn't aware you had to sing for your supper over here!
    I had to go at short notice, as it was a accent, and I’m very upset and in-shock with the sad news I got yesterday.

I got one of those, but I only been here 12months!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

irish147 wrote:
    Due to a funeral, I am due to sing on Monday,

Are you getting paid to sing at this funeral? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

You should be fine. Chances are they'll just ask you to come in and sign on as soon as you can. When I was on the dole I remember missing a signing due to illness and I just presented myself at the office the next day and signed on then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Sorry for your loss. If you have a copy of the obituary bring it in.sign on immediatley on your return and explain your circumstances.

Micmclo & DJ Spider. You have both been issued with a warning (by PM) concerning the inappropriate nature of your post. Please read the charter before posting in future. Further posts of this kind will incur 1 weeks ban. People come here for advice, not to be ridiculed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Irish147, I appologise for being sarcastic, I was just trying to raise your spirits. I used to regulary miss my signing day as I was seeing a girl out of the area. I just used to sign on again saying I had been to visit my parents. Mind you that was a good few years ago, they might be more strict now. I would say that you should be ok.

• Advertisement

Thanks DJ Spider :)

If you have to miss your signing day and are on hols you can fill out a holiday form at the exchange. You will have to sign when you come back.

Advertisement