Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Re service interval on 2001 EClass

Options
  • 05-05-2007 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just a quickie

Does anyone know what the service interval indicator should read after being serviced on a 2001 E Class? Just bought one and it says service B in 7500 miles. I would have thought that after a service and reset that it would be 12000 miles?

Also, have problem with AC which when returned the garage said the gas was leaking (which I thought as I could hear a hissing sound when the AC was on). They fixed it, it worked for 2 days and now not cooling again. Hissing sound is back. Does this mean maybe that it needs to be regassed? Please bear in mind in your replies that I knownothing about cars!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Hi Polestar

I've used these guys on my 00 S320 for regassing a hundred euro and they emptied, regased with a die ran the aircon for 20 mins went around everywhere with a UV lamp to check for leaks, didn't find any emptied and regassed again.

http://www.autoair.ie/contact.html

Now the compressor is under your dash so if it needs to be sorted it could be a complex job by try regassing first.

Service intervals on the ASSYST are dictated by driving style, there's a service A, B never seen C or D but don't rely on them change your oil and filters once a year, my sparks are good for 80k miles so it'll be 7 years of driving before I have to worry about them again. And another thing Mercedes have changed their mind on the auto boxes they are no longer sealed for life so every 60k miles change the auto fluid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

Hi

Thanks for your help

I know the computer indicator of when the service is due depends on driving style, but what should it read after a service as preumably when you get it serviced the computer is reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

PoleStar wrote:
    Hi

Thanks for your help

I know the computer indicator of when the service is due depends on driving style, but what should it read after a service as preumably when you get it serviced the computer is reset.

It's more than likely just had an A service then, once that's done the B service indicator starts its countdown which is more expensive obviously than the A service. As you said earlier it's around 7500 miles on the indicator which would definately lead me to believe you've just had an A. I had my A service done a month or so ago and B is currenly at 6900 and counting. If you've any doubt get the oil checked.

Advertisement