Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recipes

Options
  • 05-05-2007 5:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hi there.... was just wondering if ye could post up some good recipes of korean food. any recommendations would be nice frany. ive eaten alot of korean food but wanna make some myself for the gf.

if you can tell me some of your fav/recommendations and what i need in terms of ingredients then that'd be cool.

고맙다

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frany

bytesize wrote:
    Hi there.... was just wondering if ye could post up some good recipes of korean food. any recommendations would be nice frany. ive eaten alot of korean food but wanna make some myself for the gf.

if you can tell me some of your fav/recommendations and what i need in terms of ingredients then that'd be cool.

고맙다

Samgyupsals will be good for her. It's easy to make..and simple.And most of Korean girls like it.

You can buy some fresh belly pork in the Irish butchers but..if you buy there then ask the butcher to remove bones and skin.

** ingredients **

1>fresh belly pork(as much as she wants but mostly 5 euros should be fine)
    2>Korean rice(4 cups)
    3>pepper paste and soy bean paste.
    4>sesame seeds and oil
    5>5 cloves of garlic
    6>1 root of spring onion
    7>1/2 Tbs of sugar
    8>1/3 Tbs of mayonnaise
    9>a bunch of green lettuce
    10>a white cooking onion
    11> 1 packet of mushrooms

1. And slice it in 0.5cms thickness.
    put the sliced pork on a dish and now you need to prepare vegetables.

2. You can get 3 or 4 green mild chilly peppers, green Chinese lettuce,5 cloves of garlic and white cooking onions in Tesco or Dunnes.

Slice the peppers and garlics very thin..in 1 mm.
    Take the lettuce off piece by piece.
    Wash the lettuce with cold flowing water.
    And put them in a strainer or a sieve and remove water from the lettuce.

3. Now it's time to make Korean sauce for having with pork.
    Do you know where the Asian market is in Dublin?
    Asian market is in upper Abbey st of Town.
    Or There is a Korean Hanyang market near Abbey st.

I will give you a homepage of Hanyang but they didn't open the internet shopping yet so you need to visit there yourself or your g/f could have what you need to make this sauce. We call this 'ssamjjang'
    Oh...unfortuantely they have only Korean...:(
    I will give you their phone number instead of homepage.

Of course the market has the 'ssamjjang' but remember that the home made one tastes much better.

Get a box of pepper paste, soy bean paste, sesame seeds and sesame oil in Korean market.

Chop one spring onion up(Korean eats whole spring onion with green part)

put the chopped spring onion in a small bowl and add one Tbs of soybean paste and 1/2 Tbs of pepper paste, 1/3 Tbs of mayonnaise, 1/2 Tbs of sugar, 1/2 Tbs of sesame seeds and 1/2 Tbs of Korean sesame oil.

And then, stir it carefully until it makes brown color with chopped spring onions.

Now you've almost done.

And wash the mushrooms with cold water and put them on a separate dish.

4. Now get some Korean rice(not long grains) in the market.
    And make rice in a pot in Irish way because you don't have a Korean rice pot.

5. Do you have a small barbecue pan??
    If you don't have it, then you need to cook the pork in a general frying pan.
    But if you have the small electric one, then put it on the middle of your dining table.

Put the sauce, lettuce, some kimchi, rice with chopsticks and spoon,and chamisul(Korean soju) on your dining table.

Now invite her who you love best in the world and then she will cook very good samgyupsals to you.;)

Good luck!!

ps> you need to buy sesame seeds and oil, soy bean paste and pepper paste and Korean rice, ok? Becaue Koreans don't get used to the long grains...
    She wouldn't like the long grain. I don't like it either.

Oh...my husband did his best for me at first...like you..hehe...

Now he is my big baby!! hahaha.. Will you be the same?? ;)

Take care and Good luck!!:D

Hanyang market phone number: 887 4405

I'm going to serve you real Korean samgyupsals images.

Advertisement