Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dabs, 2x1gig ram going for a song.

Options
  • 04-05-2007 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

ordering 2 gigs of corsair memory for my xpsm1710, just 83 euros........:eek:

laptop memory usually costs loads, hope this does the dell xps.......!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'm looking to do the same. Where did you get it from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

dabs, can you read:rolleyes:

80e is seriously cheap, i ordered immediately, in case it was a typo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Can you provide a link to the item page on Dabs...thats the WORST laid out site I've ever seen....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Its easy enough to navigate that site. Can't see any of the memory the op talked about though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

legs11 wrote:
    dabs, can you read:rolleyes:

I'll ask again but being more specific. Where abouts on the site did you get it from? ..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

Manufacturer : CORSAIR
    Product : 2X1GB 200SODIMM PC 5300 CL4
    Quicklinx : 4B1BWS
    Quantity : 1
    Price exc VAT : 64.76 EUR
    Price inc VAT : 78.35 EUR

here y'go lads.

might be gone now, i got my card out as soon as i saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

yeah just told my bro he's goin upgradeing all the laptops at work. DDR2 has dropped massively in the last few weeks. it's a great time to upgrade you ram. Only reason i can think of is DDR3 is around the corner. As for dabs being difficult to navigate and badly laid out it only took me 3 clicks to find this ram and that was without any details. i find it to be one of the best laid out. especially when you look at the likes of komplett there search has no filters at all. Thisis the stuff.

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4B1B&CategorySelectedId=11150&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11150,43190000,4294959063

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

DDR2 prices have dropped off hugely and should stay very low for the rest of the year as we are at the bottom of a 'RAM cycle'. The refreshing nature of RAM technology coupled with the highly competitive market results in a supply-demand cycle in every new type of memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Nothing you need to worry about, buffered/eec is for older cpu's and/or server chips. www.wikipedia.com will tell you about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

FWIW seems to be 96 yoyos now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

well, got 2 sticks of ram today, works on xps gen2,100%

nice service from dabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Price drop again on these bad boys....down to €84 now including shipping, €79 ex delivery charges...brilliant deal so jumped on board....swap 2x1GB's in for 2x512's in my XPS M170 - transfer the 2x512's into my Dell D410 to up it to 1GB...transfer a 256mb stick to my g/f's laptop to up hers to 768mb...brilliant! 3 memory upgrades for €84!

Advertisement