Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

93 bmw

Options
  • 04-05-2007 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

93 bmw 316i no nct 100k, €1950, could that much go wrong???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Well, yes. gearbox, rear axle, engine, it is 14 years old. and you know how tempremental teenagers are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Head gasket, it over priced at that, better to go for one that has a bit of work done, and a vaild NCT.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Also,

-Cat may be on the way out if not already replaced. They usually have a 10 year life span, but are not cheap at 980euro excl labour. Ouch.
    -Corroding rear brake lines (not cheap as fuel tank to be dropped if need replacing). The NCT checks for this.
    -Bushings on the way out.
    -Timing belt need replacing? (Dont think they had chains on the 4 cylinders)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

i sold my 93 for 2,400e few months ago, it had a nct and was in geat condition, like new. it needed a new fan cowl, which i had bought. thats all.

theres so much that could go wrong, with bmws of that era you could write a biography.

i would move on sharply and get a newer one with a nct.

Advertisement