Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerobatics in the Monasterevin skies.

Options
  • 04-05-2007 8:58pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,iwasnt sure where to put this but thought here was good a place as any.
    I notice the past few months a few times a week there are air corp planes training and flying very close to eachother directly above the town of Monasterevin.
    While its a long shot for an accident to happen i cant help but see potential danger in this while they are flying so close to eachother.
    They are not just flying about they are doing what seems like aerobatics.
    Just today there was 7 planes flying in what seemed like aerobatic formation very very close together and direstly above out house.
    Again this wasnt just flying its was aerobatics and preforming of maneovers that ive seen at air shows in the past..

Maybe im being silly but with these planes performing such exercises directly above my home with 2 small kids in the garden i cant help but think of the worst case scenario.
    What are your thoughts on this,if indeed you have any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Relax, sit down and enjoy the show ;)
    There are airliners flying over my house, don't know how many times a day, there's cessna flying over almost every town in this country, when money being delivered and there are regular air to ground attack excercises over my grandparents summer house. Jets, have to say. I'm still alive

It's cool to see, that something going on in the IAC...
    Some more info:
    http://www.irishairpics.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=1424

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

What are your thoughts on this,if indeed you have any?

I'd be more concerned about motorists being a potential dnager to you, your family, local area etc than any pilots doing aerobatic manouevres.
    Relax, sit down and enjoy the show

Egg-zackly! ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ah yas are probably right,its just the over protective daddy syndrome i suspect :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Excellent Formation Flying by our boys in The Irish Air Corps, well done indeed!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Gablin

Seen them doing a wedge formation coordinated turn over my college. Brilliant sight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement