Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You own bar!

Options
  • 04-05-2007 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone installed their own home bar with tap, gas & the works? How did it fare out, expensive?
    It's something I plan on doing at some stage, preferably located next to the couch. mmm, some day :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A mate of mine told me his uncle converted his garden shed into a pub. Proper bar, taps, optics, the lot. Never seen it, but it's something that my shed should aspire to some day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Never installed a bar in my house but one of my friends had a kegger. A friend of his worked for a company that does the taps and all that sort of stuff for the pubs so he was able to get the cooler, the gas, the tap everthing. The pints were absolutely perfect. They were budweiser which I'm not a big fan of but these were the best pints I ever had. Someday I will have my own bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

a mate of mine built an extension on his house and put in a bar with a cooling sytem and a proper pool table
    but hes got a new baby so its the linen room now :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

superfly wrote:
    a mate of mine built an extension on his house and put in a bar with a cooling sytem and a proper pool table

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Yeah, I had great plans for a bar. Got the garage converted, had a bar picked out, taps sourced, everything. Then a job opportunity came up in the US and that put the end to that.

My father-in-law had the taps and cooler which I borrowed on occasion for BBQ's and parties. Pints of pure nectar. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

A couple of my friends did it in their kitchen; cooler, taps, optics attached to the presses, drip trays, beermats, and a neon Budweiser sign!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

superfly wrote:
    Boo...hiss...down with that sort of thing.

I always wanted to do that too. I few years back I was even looking at getting a real 45-playing jukebox and/or slotmachine and/or pinball table, but someone told me that they can be very expensive to maintain as they have so many moving parts that can go wrong.

Advertisement