Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bored in work - planning my poker weekend...

Options
  • 04-05-2007 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭

Right so people there are a lot of good options available this weekend and I reckon I'll manage to fit 1 or 2 into my oh so busy schedule. What's your order of preference and why?

Friday - revamped and renewed Fitz Scalps with a €110 max spend
    Saturday - SE €200 + €20 deepstacked game
    Sunday - Big Slick Carlow €200 + €20 deepstacked game
    Monday - JP Bank Holiday game at the Red Cow €250 buyin (including €30 reg)

I'm sure there are plenty of other games on this weekend but the above are the ones I'm thinking of playing at the minute based on ease of access to location and the buyin. I want to play at least one decent tournie to really get my head right for the Waterford game (and possibly GJP if I run goot).....

Any thoughts on the above or are you all going to spend the weekend perving on the scantily clad ladies at the beaches and parks ?? (a very good alternative plan....)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

ollyk1 wrote:
    Right so people there are a lot of good options available this weekend and I reckon I'll manage to fit 1 or 2 into my oh so busy schedule. What's your order of preference and why?

I'm sure there are plenty of other games on this weekend but the above are the ones I'm thinking of playing at the minute based on ease of access to location and the buyin. I want to play at least one decent tournie to really get my head right for the Waterford game (and possibly GJP if I run goot).....

Any thoughts on the above or are you all going to spend the weekend perving on the scantily clad ladies at the beaches and parks ?? (a very good alternative plan....)

If you've cash left. Go to Jps game for the 250. A solid palyer should do well there.

For me, disaster with the pass card in town last night. ATM swallowed the thing. Luckily I've a few bob at home but that is strictly reserved for Bank holiday boozing etc. So maybe the ATM savagery saved me some money as I was going to play one or two of these. Good luck to all in yer respective tournys.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I can't afford to play poker at the moment due to footie related spendings.

However, I shall be palying the scalps, and probably a cash game afterwards, and quite likely the SE monthly game also. Just cause I can't afford stuff, doesn't mean I can't play. Also, how else am I to win the money back that my stuff cost?

I may also play various cash games and stuff, but probably not the other games you list above, unless I run really well in previous endeavours. Then I might consider it, esp the JP game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

ollyk1 wrote:
    What's your order of preference and why?

SE on Sat coz:
    1. it's closest to my house
    2. and I know how to get there
    3. and I can pay for it with the SE cash chips that I have scattered about my house
    ollyk1 wrote:

Olly, you need to do some level 3 thinking here. Why not do both?;)

(bit suprised at your lack of metagame thinking here tbh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

5starpool wrote:
    I can't afford to play poker at the moment due to footie related spendings.

However, I shall be palying the scalps, and probably a cash game afterwards, and quite likely the SE monthly game also. Just cause I can't afford stuff, doesn't mean I can't play. Also, how else am I to win the money back that my stuff cost?

I may also play various cash games and stuff, but probably not the other games you list above, unless I run really well in previous endeavours. Then I might consider it, esp the JP game.

In summary Dom you are going to play until the money runs out and stick to Dublin then!!

SE on Sat coz:
    3. and I can pay for it with the SE cash chips that I have scattered about my house

Olly, you need to do some level 3 thinking here. Why not do both?;)

(bit suprised at your lack of metagame thinking here tbh)

Well I work in town and I've been frequenting Stephen's Green with the shades on all week during my lunch break!! I was just thinking of those who haven't had the same opportunities!! :cool:

By the way the best bit of level 3 thinking has to be Flushdraw giving Kate a lovely kiss on the hand before hitting the Final Table last night (and her saying it was as good as a €500 tip). You don't think he hit that King on the river by accident do you?!?;)

• Advertisement

ollyk1 wrote:
    By the way the best bit of level 3 thinking has to be Flushdraw giving Kate a lovely kiss on the hand before hitting the Final Table last night (and her saying it was as good as a €500 tip). You don't think he hit that King on the river by accident do you?!?;)

LMAO!!!

That is a great example of level 3 thinking. The only hole in your otherwise brilliant hypothesis is that it was Derek who dealt the hand!!! :eek:

unless you are know something truly disturbing that I don't?

(and if you don't - make it up anyway, time's going slowly here)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

I'll 60% go to the fitz tonight, and 100% spend the rest of the weekend drinking - possible cash games after :)

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

Derek is Kate?

LMAO!!!

That is a great example of level 3 thinking. The only hole in your otherwise brilliant hypothesis is that it was Derek who dealt the hand!!! :eek:

Well not to cast aspersions on the young man's sexuality but maybe he heard what was being handed out to other dealers and wanted in on the action!!

:p :eek: :D

P.S. From memory Kate was being rewarded for having got Flushdraw out of a somewhat tricky spot when in his own words he played the following hand
    "This guy raises from utg and he hasn't played a hand in ages, so I obviously repump him with KJo. Turns out he had KK and we got it all-in. Not to worry I went and took a 4 flush to his ass!! lol"

ollyk1 wrote:

Don't try that with Lilly in the Fitz, as depending on her mood, you might find yourself wearing black eyeliner and blue shadow I'm not 100% sure what eyeliner is and I do know you have to be careful with these things.. A girl I know was crying one time and I told her to get a hanky as her eye shadow was running. She roared, IT'S FK'IN MASCARA NOT EYE SHADOW. This over reaction made me unrepentant in making her cry in the 1st place. I digress :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,188 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

SE on Sat coz:

Are you playing the SE tomorrow then?

Are you playing the SE tomorrow then?

that's my preference

Mrs S doesn't know this yet so T&C may apply

• Registered Users Posts: 36,188 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

that's my preference

Mrs S doesn't know this yet so T&C may apply
    If you do bring the books. I shall be in attendance.

If you do bring the books. I shall be in attendance.

ok, wink wink.

I'll bring the wink, wink 'books'

ahem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

Solksjaer wrote:

For me, disaster with the pass card in town last night. ATM swallowed the thing. Luckily I've a few bob at home but that is strictly reserved for Bank holiday boozing etc. So maybe the ATM savagery saved me some money as I was going to play one or two of these. Good luck to all in yer respective tournys.

Wanna loan ? You won't get out of it that easy. I am now on the official money lenders register and I only charge 20% Compound Per Week...:D (plus 50% if you take one down)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Friday..........

Leave Work @ 5.15, arrive home at 5.20, go to bed until c.10pm, arise, shower and make way to SE for c.11pm - gut some fish....

Saturday......

Arise c.noon, watch racing whilst bemoaning Teofilios absence from 2000g, play PLO for the afternoon on FT. 6pm - SE for deepstack, 10.30 - relay donkey play to other fish at cash table, assure them I am not steaming and lose my first 200 within an orbit of the table. Reload for another 200, tell myself that i need to slow down and pick my spots, Down to €50 2 hands later when I three barrell an €8 pot after 4 players limp prflop. I will then tell myself that the juice wasnt worth the squeeze and play some proper pokah.

Sunday............

to be confirmed - Indian Ink ends up winning the 1000g and I play drunk pokah at 3am "for the craic"

PiperT wrote:
    Wanna loan ? You won't get out of it that easy. I am now on the official money lenders register and I only charge 20% Compound Per Week...:D (plus 50% if you take one down)

Thanks for the offer Mr Bagpiper but I really couldn't borrow from anyone to play poker. (the only bankroll rule I have) If herself is tuned into American Idol tonight, I'll open drawer A and head into the scalps game. If as I suspect I'm being dragged to spiderman 3, then poker is off for the week. She mocked me for having my pass card swallowed. What can ya do the begger beside the ATM was practically at me drainpipes... Jaysus, also he was better dressed than me. Oooh sorry I digress again....

Thanks again. Your rates are fair but the thoughts of defaulting on this and being deafened by LOUD BAGPIPES at 4 in the morning unless I pay up with interest is too scray a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

maybe I ask luke if I can play the SE. maybe I work and sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

ollyk1 wrote:

10% to play one of the above 4 tourneys - 90% divorced if I do :D

10% to play one of the above 4 tourneys - 90% divorced if I do :D

sounds like reasonable odds to me:rolleyes:

confident in your reads?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

:eek: :eek:
    brianmc wrote:
    Derek is Ray Finkel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Friday..........

Arise c.noon, watch racing whilst bemoaning Teofilios absence from 2000g,

:eek:

WTF?
    ...looks at racing news after being locked up in code and deep deep debug since getting back from Ballinrobe on Wedensday night...

OMFG!!!

its like a gust of wind just came along and blew a winning lotto ticket out of my grasp...

...hmm if I was to go to the SE on Saturday and take it down would that be compensation enough?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

semibluff wrote:
    :eek: :eek:

It seems there really is NOTHING that Wikipedia doesn't know...

Ray Finkle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Friday se nl cashy game til 6-then jackpot til 12-maybe go on the piss til deeptack starts bust after 6 hands or so cash in se then jacks.
    Sunday sleep then cash that night.
    monday making my second appearance at the red cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Friday..........

Leave Work @ 5.15, arrive home at 5.20, go to bed until c.10pm, arise, shower and make way to SE for c.11pm - gut some fish....

Leave work @ 6.00, arrive home about 6.30. Chill out until 10.30, then head into SE for 10.45. Await BCB's easy money.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

ollyk1 wrote:

I'll do anything to add that extra edge to my game! It was actually a BOTB (battle of the blinds) where i completed with KJ, he raised and i pushed and hit my flush. And Kate is DEFO not Derek!!

As good as JPs game will be on Monday, you are guranteed an early morning finish and being in work Tuesday, i'll have to give it a miss. SE deepstack on saturday is a definite and i'll be there and no doubt you aswel. I'm going to save Sunday for a few drinks.

Still havent decided on tonight yet but no tournies, maybe a bit of cash in the SE later

HalfBaked wrote:
    Leave work @ 6.00, arrive home about 6.30. Chill out until 10.30, then head into SE for 10.45. Await BCB's easy money.:D

Halfbaked and 58o were owned in the Prop Bets. Im a sick man. :D

Halfbaked and 58o were owned in the Prop Bets. Im a sick man. :D

Details plz

Flushdraw wrote:
    Details plz

Initially my money card was 8h - after a serious rush i then changed to Jh and hit a rush with that also. Shane was on the worst run of prop bet variance ever witnessed at a card table. On one of the rare occasions he flopped his 7 I also flopped two 8's to knock the wind from his sail...

• Advertisement

Initially my money card was 8h - after a serious rush i then changed to Jh and hit a rush with that also. Shane was on the worst run of prop bet variance ever witnessed at a card table. On one of the rare occasions he flopped his 7 I also flopped two 8's to knock the wind from his sail...

LOL sick variance is good!

Advertisement