Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PaddyPower 'novelty' bet

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭VoidStarNull

I'd bet my house on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BlackIguana

Betting on this has now been suspended. All of two hours after it was re-opened.

Not before I had put my bet on though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭pjbrady1

That is the second time that has been pulled. There was mighty odds of 5/2 before. But pulled before I could bet.
    Same again. That Permo Index is shocklingly bad. They might be adjusting it for all we know (but declaring adjustments to Fin. Reg.) so that it gets more weighted towards valuable property hence "Average price paid for a house" remains on a tiny upward curve of .1%.

Think about it in stock market terms, "The average price paid for a share last month was .1% above last month the market is still in good health. This is easily possible with 50% of the companies on stock market losing 15% of their value. All you need is lots of a higher priced share to sell. I imagine it takes less time to sell a more valuable houses than one beds in Tallaght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

pjbrady1 wrote:
    That is the second time that has been pulled. There was mighty odds of 5/2 before. But pulled before I could bet.
    Same again. That Permo Index is shocklingly bad. They might be adjusting it for all we know (but declaring adjustments to Fin. Reg.) so that it gets more weighted towards valuable property hence "Average price paid for a house" remains on a tiny upward curve of .1%.

Think about it in stock market terms, "The average price paid for a share last month was .1% above last month the market is still in good health. This is easily possible with 50% of the companies on stock market losing 15% of their value. All you need is lots of a higher priced share to sell. I imagine it takes less time to sell a more valuable houses than one beds in Tallaght.

more than the 2nd time pulled - has been pulled many times now!

Advertisement