Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surveyors fees??

Options
  • 03-05-2007 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea how much it is for engineer/surveyor to do report on a 4 bed semi. Opinions please on wether I should bother as far as I know house is under 5 yrs old. Does the valuation report for the lender not check for the worst that can happen??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Hi there

I did not get a surveyor on my house. Its second hand and was built in 2004. If the valuer thought I should I would have, but at only 3 years old they said there would be no need. Plus the house is still under the 10 year homebond.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

undecided wrote:
    Anyone have any idea how much it is for engineer/surveyor to do report on a 4 bed semi.
    Assuming you have drawings, etc. perhaps 300 euros. If there are any problems it is likely to cost more. I suspect what you will find is lack of compliance with Part M of the Building Regulations, worn fittings and no knowledge of what gunthering went on behind the scenes

You have one point of reassurance - it hasn't fallen down yet.
    Opinions please on wether I should bother as far as I know house is under 5 yrs old.
    For peace of mind paying a few hundred euros is the right option.

Does the valuation report for the lender not check for the worst that can happen??
    All the valuation report says is "yes, this property is worth approximately X".

The valuation could be done by an estate agent with little interest or knowledge of construction.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

thanks a mill!!

Advertisement