Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Who do you insure with and how much does it cost?

Options
  • 03-05-2007 10:10pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thought it might be interesting to see what people are paying for insurance on modified/performance cars...

I'll start:

26 year old male
    2002 Civic Type R, 220bhp
    Zero no claims bonus**
    Paying €1000
    XS Direct via Wright Group
    4k Excess

** XS Direct were the only company that would insure me on this car without any no claims, and despite the 4k excess, fully comp for a grand is a fantastic deal. It is now up for renewal but I'd perfer to go on a normal policy without such a big excess etc. Want to see who is good.

So what car do you have, who do you insure with and what does it cost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

zascar, thats an excellent deal.1000 to drive a type r, its bad luck if you crash but just drive safely and you wont have to pay anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

€850 Fully Comp on a 1.6 Opel Vectra (unmodified)
    Quinn Direct
    22yo
    First Policy
    Full Licence for 2 years
    No Points

Got quoted €1100 for a 2.0T Skyline of them recently so as soon as I can get the bucks together methinks ill be goin for some turbo RWD jap fun :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭imalegend

700 fully comp with axa on an 2003 gti 180 bhp!

Advertisement