Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather Stations

Options
  • 03-05-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience of the La Crosse brand of weather stations? I'm considering getting one but I want to get some feedback before I do. Are they any good or is there a better brand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Probably third in line to the Davis vantage pro and the oregon but yes a good brand and decent on the prices in their range.
    There big into being stylish about the stations and nearly each model differs.Just be careful if you decide to upgrade your station by adding accessories,to get the accs for your model and especially if its wireless.They seem to vary from model to model.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭arctictree

My weather station recorded a blip low of 0.2c this morning. Bug or freak weather - any ideas??

A

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

arctictree wrote:
    My weather station recorded a blip low of 0.2c this morning. Bug or freak weather - any ideas??

A

Bug, no way in hell was it 0.2°C anywhere in Wicklow this morning, my minimum was 11.2°C, even Mothman's sandy soils can't reduce the temperature that much!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Funny you're mentioning glitches. Mine's saying that the lowest for today was -10.9 Degrees at 12:33 last night. Can't be right :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

zippy28 wrote:
    Has anyone any experience of the La Crosse brand of weather stations? I'm considering getting one but I want to get some feedback before I do. Are they any good or is there a better brand?

Just bought a WS 9152 for €24.75 in Decathlon. At that price I just couldn't help myself. :rolleyes:

Seems to be working fine, but where to put the transmitter, you experts? :)

I have it in the (drafty, wooden) garden shed at the mo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Slow coach wrote:
    Just bought a WS 9152 for €24.75 in Decathlon. At that price I just couldn't help myself. :rolleyes:
    Where is this decathlon shop? Was there any other weather equipment there like rain gauges?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

rc28 wrote:
    Where is this decathlon shop? Was there any other weather equipment there like rain gauges?

There's a few in the UK, but I was on Hols in France at the time. Dunno about rain gauges.

The shops are well worth a visit, if you were nearby, as they have everything sporting under one gigantic roof. Think B&Q for sports.

English shops

French

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Slow coach wrote:
    There's a few in the UK, but I was on Hols in France at the time. Dunno about rain gauges.

The shops are well worth a visit, if you were nearby, as they have everything sporting under one gigantic roof. Think B&Q for sports.

English shops

French

Excellent, thanks. I'm off to France at the end of next week so I'll try and find one:)

Advertisement