Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz WSOP Satt

Options
  • 03-05-2007 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

Just a quick reminder this is on tonight offical start time is 8PM will start LATEST 8.15

1 ticket is gaurenteed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

1. Who is running the event Fitzwilliam card Club
    2. The purpose of the event commercial
    3. Date and Location of event 3.5.07 in the fitz
    4. Registration and Start time of event. REG 7.30 Start 8PM
    5. Any prerequisites member of club
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number N/A
    7. Type of Tournament Hold'em Freezeout
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc. entry €230
    9. Cost of registration €20
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund 100%
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool. 1 $16,500 package
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels. N/A
    13. Starting Chips 10,000
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts. NA
    15. Blind levels 25/50 all levels included
    16. Blind timeframes 30 MINS
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash 1 place paid and excess cash after the package is paid out accordingly
    18. Are there going to be dealers - THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules YES
    20. Is there a tournament director Luke Ivory
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say. TD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Trip reports please?

Anyone know who took this sucker down?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Great Structure, nice event and a overlay...

Only 42 players for the 16k package, had a tough table at the start with Lloyd, Willow, Liam Barker, Paddy Hinds and a few more regular faces. In general it was a very good field.

I bust out 4th with AA against 66, all in preflop for about 1/2 the chips in play, he hit a 6 on the turn... I'm running so bad in sats at the moment, I've loss a headsup on Stars when I had a 4-1 chiplead for WSOP, finish 3rd a few days later again WSOP, loss the Pokerface Sat heads up also with a 4-1 chiplead and 3 IO sats in Jan/Feb, not to mention the monthly GJP event against that fish Rounders...lol

Anyway, great value, cant make next week but hopefully be around for some of the other games.

Not sure of the two guys that done a deal heads up, think one is a regular Tom, likes to winde people up and the other is a Omhah cash player regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,188 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hard luck Ollie. That is very sick man.

I exited 12th. Very card – dead for the first five levels, and made an awful play early doors when I tried to push a non – thinking calling station off top pair by representing flopped trips. It was a really bad spot to try something like that and I was annoyed with myself at the first break. Ollie and Liam just told me that it was silly and to forget about it and move on, and I came back after the break and began to focus on what I was doing.

Ground out to 23000 chips at the 400 800 level and was playing well, when I raised to 2500 from UTG with AQ s. One of the Fitz regulars who is capable of making a move moved in from the small blind for 12000 total. It wasn’t an easy call but I felt he was weak and had a wide range, so eventually make the call. He flips over 93o.

Flop: 587. Turn: K River: 6.

Played some decent ninja stuff after that and eventually got my 19000 chips in with AK versus 77 at the 800 / 1500 level and missed.

Happy with how I played. Didn’t have a lot to work with, but kept myself afloat and it just wasn’t to be.

Very playable structure, and a pretty tough field made for an enjoyable game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

UL Ollie and Lloyd. Thats some overlay, i cant imagine Luke being too happy about that. Are deals allowed? It sort of takes away from playing for a package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Flushdraw wrote:
    UL Ollie and Lloyd. Thats some overlay, i cant imagine Luke being too happy about that. Are deals allowed? It sort of takes away from playing for a package.

think ladbrokes put up the package, but not sure. Think its alright to swap a percentage heads up, but not deals, I think one of the 2 players are taken the package and the other will buyin directly, something like that, they didnt discuss the deal openly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

Deal Making is not allowed some1 from the tournamnt must ake the packacke as the package was put up by the FITZ not ladbrokes!!!

what ever deal was made heads up (Im not to clear about it) but one of them 2 players must take the package

Advertisement