Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to Carrick-on-Shannon tomorrow

Options
  • 03-05-2007 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

I'm catching the train from Connolly to Carrick on Shannon tomorrow and I was after a bit of advice.

Can I get a ticket all the way from my local Dart station or do I have to buy a ticket at Connolly?

Any idea if I will get a seat on the 4pm Sligo train. People are telling me i will be standing room only. Is that the case?

Thanks

FF

Oh Yeah, anyone know a decent club/Pub in Carrick, a roudy place I can strut my funky stuff.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

Can I get a ticket all the way from my local Dart station or do I have to buy a ticket at Connolly?
    All you need is one ticket, but be prepared to deal with a shiftless employee who says it can't be done
    Any idea if I will get a seat on the 4pm Sligo train. People are telling me i will be standing room only. Is that the case?
    It is a bank holiday Friday be prepared for the worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

MarkoP11 wrote:
    All you need is one ticket, but be prepared to deal with a shiftless employee who says it can't be done

It is a bank holiday Friday be prepared for the worst

Much as I thought, thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i thought you can reserve seats on IR trains now, or is that only for certain routes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

dmeehan wrote:
    i thought you can reserve seats on IR trains now, or is that only for certain routes?

I tried that, but it keeps telling me seats cannot be reserved for these stations, so I guess it is just certain routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭SeanW

You can't book a seat on the DART (obviously) and you can't book a seat on Commuter services which - wait for it - Carrick on Shannon and the entire Sligo line is. Rosslare too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

However, the 1600 service to Sligo is loco hauled on Fridays and is not a commuter train.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Enigma365

Stating the obvious here, but you will get a seast if you turn up early enough. Maybe 30 minutes beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Enigma365 wrote:
    Stating the obvious here, but you will get a seast if you turn up early enough. Maybe 30 minutes beforehand.
    Just bring a pair of crutches with you just in case!

Advertisement