Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confiscated Items at Dublin Airport

Options
  • 03-05-2007 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

What happens to these items - Can you reclaim something that's been taken ... ? :(

Understand the reasons, etc; etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

They are donated to charities.

How would you prove an item you are trying to claim back was yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Minfadlek

Receipt .... ! ;)

But might there be a time limit before they pass them on, then.. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

I'd imagine it would be too complicated to allow people to claim stuff back and its not like nobody tried to warn you. It was headline news for weeks and every time you book a ticket all the infos there on the websites.

Knives/tools etc get taken away to a smelter, I know that one from experience. Tonnes of the stuff a year apparently.

I remember reading that the liquids perfume/drink get given to a charity, I can't remember which one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Yeah, I had to dump a shiny, brand-new dissection kit which I had left in my carry-on luggage by accident (and didn't have time to go back and check through), and I was not pleased at all. (Of course, I understood completely why they had to do it, but still.)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,876 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I know they say it all goes to charity, but I doubt it. Look at all the stuff that went missing when people had to check everything.

Think about it, theres a big bin full of expensive stuff and it is going to a charity shop. I'm sure none of it ends up in airport workers bags as they leave for home! If they can walk out with laptops, cameras etc a bottle of brandy isn't going to be too hard to get out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

These so-called bottels of brandy could contain dangerous explosive. It is irresponsible to give these to charities for consumption or resale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

And if say 2 of these so called bottles of alcohol were sold and thereafter mixed together the results could be explosive. :eek:

Advertisement