Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books on Buddhism.

Options
  • 03-05-2007 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend a good book on the fundamentals of Buddhism? I bought the Idiots Guide to Buddhism but found it to long-winded; a paragraph was written when a sentence would do and a page was written when a paragraph would do. I just want a beginner’s guide; you know, how I can apply the principles to daily life.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

"What the buddha taught" - I don't have it to hand (lent it to someone =/ ) so I can't recall the author's name - I think it's Rahula-, but that's the title exactly. Great book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Cheers.

I checked it out on Amazon, it looks like the kind of thing I am after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭maitri

I checked it out too (What the Buddha taught) and read the excerpt. It seems like a really great book!
    Must get it myself (next time I'm not totally broke.:D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭maitri

This book is one of my favourites and is more about buddhist practice, perhaps. As I see it it's also about the fundamentals.

Good luck! :)

Advertisement