Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Kayak

Options
  • 02-05-2007 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sophie in Cork

Hi,

I am looking for a second hand Kayak.
    I searched already the whole forum and also other webpages but cant find anything good.
    So if you have a kayak for sale or you know someone who wants to sell one it might be interessted in it.
    I am not looking for one of those short once, which are mainly for wild water kayaking but for one of those longer once for big river and sea kayaking.

Thanks, Sophie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭theo4130

i'm also looking for one, not to steal your chance but if you find one and it doesn't suit you,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

What kind? There are different kinds, designed for different types of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sophie in Cork

testicle wrote:
    What kind? There are different kinds, designed for different types of water.

Looking for something like this

http://www.cnaloisirs.com/Canoe-Kayak/Touring/oceanic/oceanic_top.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Commercial advertising is banned on the forum, as it is across boards. If you want to advertise with boards.ie then you need to contact the admin team about purchasing some advertising space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭nookie

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bandyhenry

I'm looking to buy two sit on top kayaks to use on the sea or lakes if anyone has any to sell??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Spotted 2 types of kayak in Lidl yesterday. One was an inflatable effort (circa 150 euro) and another looked more like the genuine article (600ish euro). Any of these worth considering for a newbie to noddy kayaking?

Regards,

SJ

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

i've got a feelfree kayak for sale on the adverts section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Irish Wolfhound

I ahve two sit on kayaks that i could let go. Really busy with work and can't get to use them. Would need 750 euro for them both. Will include paddles and the back support

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dexta

I am looking for a sit-in kayak for river use. Not heavy-duty whitewater use, but for riding the tributaries of the big Irish rivers (not the big rivers themselves, thats really boring). Prefer to buy 2nd hand so I can figure out what I really need without having to spend a fortune at Great Outdoors and the like. All advice welcome? Thanks, Dexta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 soul_73m

dexta wrote: »
    I am looking for a sit-in kayak for river use. Not heavy-duty whitewater use, but for riding the tributaries of the big Irish rivers (not the big rivers themselves, thats really boring). Prefer to buy 2nd hand so I can figure out what I really need without having to spend a fortune at Great Outdoors and the like. All advice welcome? Thanks, Dexta

I know i am totally biased but I reckon you cant go wrong with a touring kayak. They handle the rivers nicely as long as its not mad fast. The are very steady on the ocean and have plenty of compartment space for picnics and what ever if you are going for a long spin somewhere.

The little ones are good if rapids and flipping upsidedown is your thing. The irish water is just too cold for that carry-on for me !! ... especially in the winter !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I'm going to close this thread, it keeps getting dug up from the past.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement