Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slint?

Options
  • 02-05-2007 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

anyone listen to slint?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Listening to Spiderland right now.....love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I do anyway
    Quality Band
    Squirril Bait wernt bad either altough quite different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

great band missed em at vicar street on the reunion tour about a year ago -did get to see Pajo playin solo last week though amazing stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Slint are cool - going to see them in a few weeks at ATP Versus the Fans in Bristol/Minehead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

I have both of their albums. Pretty good. a bit over rated though in my op.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

The drumming on 'Skag Heaven' by Squirrel Bait is great, especially for such a young drummer. 'Spiderland' is a very good album, very different and better produced though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

great band missed em at vicar street on the reunion tour about a year ago -did get to see Pajo playin solo last week though amazing stuff

They were great in that gig in vicar street, disappointed that pajo has stopped doing papa m as I loved live from a shark cage, dont like his vocals at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Jayz, I can't get into Slint at all. Never got into Spiderland when I bought it so many moons ago, and will have seen them twice by the end of summer. Much more into Rodan and June of '44 for that whole scene, and Arial M, Papa M stuff. Oh, and King Kong, who are just f*cking amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Love Spiderland - class album!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Steeplechase

Been partaking of the Slint for 15 years...incredible band. To think they virtually invented a whole new way of playing 4-piece rock and roll in 1990, and at the age of about 20, is mindblowing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

I love Squirrel Baits first s/t album. It's an amazing piece of post-hardcore music. I somehow can't get into Skag Heaven the same way as their s/t but it's still a solid piece of work.

Slint are...interesting. I still find it hard to like them though. They're a good band but there are no 'hooks' in their music for me.

Advertisement