Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking a van on a junction - talk about inconsiderate!

Options
  • 02-05-2007 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Bad driving is bad enough but the practice of abandoning vehicles resulting in other road users and pedestrians being placed in danger is something that is getting worse!

This is what I was faced with more times than a little. Now it may not look to dangerous to some but I can tell you there have been a number of close calls because of it! Why the hell park a van on a junction that way in the first place? The mentality of such actions beggars belief!

As far as this muppet is concerned he does not want to park his Transit outside his house or on his empty driveway so he abandons it across the road, out of his way and to hell with the consequences to others! I have to negotiate this junction every day and I can see F all! Then van drivers wonder why people have a bad perception of "White Van Man"!
    IMG_7530.jpg

IMG_7535.jpg

There is loads of parking in the area but this idiot has to pick the most dangerous point to leave his Transit. Then if causing a hazard to the motorist is not enough he then has to disrupt the pedestrian as well by parking on the footpath!

I fail to understand why idiots park with 2 wheels on a footpath! If they don't they have to put their hazard warning lights on! Just learn the rules of the road and park effing legally!
    IMG_7840.jpg

IMG_7839.jpg

The yellow line I have drawn indicates where the edge of the junction is. This van is even out past it and there is nothing parked in front of the van!

Parking on a junction or on the footpath should carry a penalty points fine - that might make these inconsiderate idiots think twice!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Contact the gardai - it is illegal!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

Suppose you are right - it would be a bit late if it caused an accident!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

/Edit Ignore this post. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I don't think "Irish hospital supplies" is helping the situation much either with where he is parked.

Bond-007 wrote:
    I don't think "Irish hospital supplies" is helping the situation much either with where he is parked.
    True but to be fair he is usually much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's illegal to park within five metres of a junction. Report him to the gardai. And do it every day, taking timestamped pictures with the details of the call marked on the back. Eventually they'll do something about it to shut you up.

Alternatively, send an anonymous letter (don't drop it in yourself, you may get seen), reminding the owner that "Parking in a dangerous position" carries a mandatory court appearance and five penalty points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

atlantean wrote:
    Suppose you are right - it would be a bit late if it caused an accident!

It would be considering those pictures are months apart. I can't believe in all that time you didn't think about ringing the Gards but just moan about it. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Any traffic wardens operating in the area? If so get them down maybe get the clampers in on the act. They won't be long changing their ways after a few tickets/clamps/towaways. :D

AntiVirus wrote:
    It would be considering those pictures are months apart. I can't believe in all that time you didn't think about ringing the Gards but just moan about it. :rolleyes:
    True! I am moaning but as for taking action - I'm not one for getting people into trouble. Having said that they probably do deserve it if breaking the law and inconveniencing others!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I have someone parking at the top of our T-junction at the moment. I'm going to have word with them tomorrow, and bring a camera. How stupid can you be, to park on a junction, in the middle of it no less? Pedestrians who cross roads in the middle of busy junctions are equally dense.

• Advertisement

BostonB wrote:
    How stupid can you be, to park on a junction, in the middle of it no less?
    Often wonder about that myself! A pedestrian hindering a driver is one thing as it could be argued they don't know any better (no excuse I know) but for a driver to hinder a fellow driver is ridiculous IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

atlantean wrote:
    I'm not one for getting people into trouble
    Why then, did you post identifiable pictures of vehicles in a residential area on a public forum? It would have been much more appropriate to contact the Gardaí. If you are not happy that the Gardaí are doing much about it, then send a registered letter to the Superintendent of you local Garda station with the nature of your complaint and relevant details.

Advertisement