Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nokia bluetooth car kit (other brand phones)

Options
  • 02-05-2007 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all,

Has anyone used the Nokia bluetooth car kit CK-7W with phone brands besides Nokia's (Motorola's, Blackberry etc)? I have a car that a few people use so would like to put this car kit in so that everyone can use it.

Just want to double-check there's no compatability issues.

Cheers,

T.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Yes i have used the ck-7w with many other brands and it works perfectly.
    It works through bluetooth not through what brand the phone is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tosher

great stuff, thanks for the info drdre

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The CK7W is so basic that it works with pretty much any brand of phone which has bluetooth. I have heard from installers however, that sound quality on the nokia kits is best on nokia phones, and some users of other brands experience echoes and interference. I know bluetooth is supposed to be universal - but this is what I'm told.

On phone kits with more functions such as caller display, voice activation, phone book access - there can be problems with mixing certain brands of kit and phone. As the CK7W doesn't do this sort of thing it'll do just fine.

Tosher wrote:
    great stuff, thanks for the info drdre

No problem, i had the ck-7w in my last 3 cars and never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

The CK-7W is notorious for it's problems with a range of non Nokia phones, It works perfectly with Nokia handsets, no different really to the wired kits, with the exception of lack of charging.

All Sony Ericsson phones are hit and miss with this set as are many Motorola & Siemens phones.

I have an SE K750i and although it works most of the time, it randomly disconnects at least once per journey, and decides not to answer calls when it feels like it or just refuses to sync with the kit at all other times.

Google the type of phone you are getting and the car kit model number to see if there are any known issues as it's a pain in the ar$e to be honest.

I'm getting rid of the car kit and replacing it with a parrot one (seem to be compatible with everything).

• Advertisement

Victor_M wrote:
    The CK-7W is notorious for it's problems with a range of non Nokia phones, It works perfectly with Nokia handsets, no different really to the wired kits, with the exception of lack of charging.

All Sony Ericsson phones are hit and miss with this set as are many Motorola & Siemens phones.

I have an SE K750i and although it works most of the time, it randomly disconnects at least once per journey, and decides not to answer calls when it feels like it or just refuses to sync with the kit at all other times.

Google the type of phone you are getting and the car kit model number to see if there are any known issues as it's a pain in the ar$e to be honest.

I'm getting rid of the car kit and replacing it with a parrot one (seem to be compatible with everything).

I have never had a problem with ck-7w and i change my phone alot.I have heard the parrot car kit is good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I use the CK-7W with a Nokia and a Sony Eircsson V600i and both work fine via bluetooth. However, the CK-7W is a bit of disaster. Every now and then it goes bezerk and mutes the radio and there is no way to stop this except by disconnecting the power to the kit. All the while the radio/CD player is useless. Really fcuking annoying. I've a company car so I have no say in the kit that's supplied, but if I had an option I'd go for the Parrot.

Advertisement