Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Crimea's new album is free

Options
  • 02-05-2007 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Most of you have probably heard already, but The Crimea are giving away their new album for free. Available here:

Listened to it 4 times now and I gotta say its pretty good. I was a really big fan of their last album.

I think they're giving it away free in the hope that more people will come to their concerts.
    This is pretty much the way I have been working for a while now - its been a long time since I paid for an album, but I'd say I go to far, far more gigs.

What you reckon - is this the future of music distribution (with less money going to the Fat Cats) or the sign of a band who don't think their album is good enough that people will pay for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I like the crimea, definitely have to check this out :)

On a side note if bands released their albums for free then surely they would have to charge crazy prices for tickets to their live gigs to make up the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Not really, the band only get a small percentage of the profits from each cd sold. They get higher percentage profits from gigs.

Advertisement