Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DELL Bloatware

Options
  • 02-05-2007 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Does anyone have a list of the bloatware that comes on a new DELL laptop ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

whats bloatware?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Nala wrote:
    whats bloatware?
    Unnecessary programs and trial versions that come pre-installed to make the overall package look better.

It's not too bad since Vista came out.
    Corel Snapfire - 60 day trial
    Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI - 60 day trial
    McAfee Security Center - 30 day trial
    Google Toolbar & Desktop
    Dell Network Assistant - 30 day trial
    The usual Dell support tools, that can be useful, but are set to load at start up and need to be switched off.

Some may consider Works 8 and Google Picasso bloatware. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

there is also anti-bloatware software ... most famous is the Dell De-Crapifier which removes a fair list of bloatware ... see here for some details http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/removes

It's free for personal use. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

If you open add/remove you'll see a list of them anyway. Then run a regcleaner over the registry. Probably won't get rid of all the empty folders and stuff that might be in Application Data sometimes but it'll get rid of most of the crap.

Either that or reformat straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

If for some reason I found myself with a new Dell machine I would 100% reformat it immediately,

A lot of that crap will leave useless files after uninstalling,

Makes me shudder....

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Agreed - do it right and wipe the bugger. Makes a big difference.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah format the thing. It's what I did. The only way to get rid of all that crap.

Advertisement