Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ Season

Options
  • 02-05-2007 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭

BBQ season is now upon us. Already had 2 the last week. Nothing beats some bbq'd meat washed down with some cold beer :D

So brothers what's your favouite BBQ meats and have you any recipes or tips you care to share??
    I like to wrap some bratwurst/sausages in bacon and throw them on the grill, well tasty.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Fcukin great big meaty BBQ ribs,halfpounder burgers,sirloin steaks three inches thick and chicken wings to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Had my second one of the year over the weekend, my first being in early April!

We had lots and lots of steak and beer

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

they had a special on steak in my local superquinn until a week ago.
    beautiful sirloin at half price....needless to say i filled the whole trolley:D
    bought 2 crates of tuborg for €30 in o'briens and called the lads.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

uglyjohn wrote:
    bought 2 crates of tuborg rot €30 in o'briens and called the lads.

That was a sweet deal there uglyjohn.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm a big fan of the Superquinn burgers - lots of fat that drops down and flames out giving that real BBQ smell. Ram some finely chopped onion and garlic into them before cooking and your on a winner. My other favourite is lamb on the BBQ.

Don't forget to give the left overs a blast in the microwave the next morning along with some runny fried eggs. Mmmmmmmmm............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

Superquinn seem to have a huge range of BBQ stuff which is newer and more varied than last years range.

A lot of very tasty,tempting bits and pieces :) yum

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Here's my burger recipe.
    Chop some mushrooms (get a good mix of different types) & onions and fry them with some garlic. Once fried, mix them into a half kilo of mince with some chopped olives, worchester sauce and an egg white and you've got some seriously tasty burgers for throwing onto the grill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

jester77 wrote:
    Here's my burger recipe.
    Chop some mushrooms (get a good mix of different types) & onions and fry them with some garlic. Once fried, mix them into a half kilo of mince with some chopped olives, worchester sauce and an egg white and you've got some seriously tasty burgers for throwing onto the grill!

Yes but presumably the wife/girlfriend does the preparation while the man does the BBQ-ing with his novelty apron?

J.S. Pill wrote:
    Yes but presumably the wife/girlfriend does the preparation while the man does the BBQ-ing with his novelty apron?

I sincerely hope so..there wa something decidedly woofterish about that recipie..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Ive had about a dozen BBQ's this year already.

A warm breeze is enough to get me to turn on the barbie.

I do a lot of stuff on it but the biggest crowd pleaser is my Tandori chicken kebabs.

I used to mix all the spices myself til i found a sharwoods tandoori mix. Which tastes EXACTLY the same. all you do is ad oil, lemon juice and yoghurt.

chop up the chook and stick it on skewers with onion and you'll have everyone saying what a great cook you are.

• Advertisement

Try the mixes from any of the asian supermarkets..they piss all over anything you can buy in anormal shop and they're usually very cheap indeed..something like 1.50 for ten or more servings!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

trout's barbeque tip # 1 ... barbeques are for fruit too.

Take 1 big nana ... and a chocolate bar of your choice. I like to use dark chocolate for this one.

Break the chocolate into bite sized chunks.
    Cut pockets into the big nana and ram the chunks of chocolate in.
    Cover the chocolate nana with tinfoil ... and onto the barbie for about 90 seconds.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

A dessert you can barbeque ... always impresses teh ladies and makes the men feel proud to know you.

If you think this is a girly recipe or that I am displaying tendencies unfit for the Brethren ... show up at one of my barbeques for some sumo ... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

trout wrote:
    If you think this is a girly recipe or that I am displaying tendencies unfit for the Brethren ...

Nevah! A legend. That's what you are. A f'ken LEGEND.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Archeron

uglyjohn wrote:
    bought 2 crates of tuborg rot €30 in o'briens and called the lads.

I suspect someone came across a previously undiscovered steak mountain somewhere. Every butcher and supermarket in my town had half price deals on steak, which of course I took full advantage off. Thats one mountain I wouldnt mind skiing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Archeron wrote:
    I suspect someone came across a previously undiscovered steak mountain somewhere ... Thats one mountain I wouldnt mind skiing down.
    Yeah ... bollick nekkid with great slabs of garlic butter on yer feet. Superb :)

Perhaps Brother Ruu could feel inspired to do some Photoshopping ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭sioda

Chicken pepper and onion kebabs yum

Or rack pork chops delicious swamped down with a crate of corona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

:eek:

MeatMountain.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

BBQ season? What's that? My family have always had BBQ all year round! New Years day, always, without fail! Nothing beats a good old Sirloin smothered in Lakeshore redmeat marinade with spuds and garlic butter on the side! Yumm

Here's one i had a couple of years ago..

g-asador2-725502.jpg

Advertisement