Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Too many directions!

Options
  • 02-05-2007 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

There's a junction by the house. There's a yield sign at it, and STOP written on the road.

Simple enough - which do I follow, both in this case and generally, if there's two different directions at a junction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I think you follow the stop sign on the road. It's implied that you yield at a stop sign anyway so the signs don't contradict each other. Ie: It's not "Stop, and then go regardless of what's coming" (obviously over-70s have an exemption to that rule).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

When in doubt, do the safer thing i.e. stop. You only have to stop for a couple of seconds to check your way is clear, and then off you go if it is clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Sorry, I should have been clearer. As I'm not sure which takes preference, I'll obviously err on the side of caution, but regardless of what the directions actually say, do ye know which one would you be meant to follow, does a painted road style beat your iron sign fist?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

According to the new rules of the road they carry the same weight. They are both regulatory signs.

So the only thing you can do is obey the safest one. You should probably report it to the council and get the Yield sign changed to a stop

Advertisement