Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Issues with TomTom One(Europe)

Options
  • 02-05-2007 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question but I'll motor ahead anyway!
    Picked up the TomTom last week primarily as I was going to drive around London at the weekend...and it was brill for that.
    What really annoyed me about it was the route it planned from Holyhead to London. It wanted to put my on the A5 all the way down to the M54 and then on to the M6. On the way down to London I stuck with the A55 and on to the M6.
    I had plenty of time on the way back so I said I'd give it the benefit of the the doubt and follow its route. I made great progress on the M1-M6-M54 and then the beginning of the A5 was dualled and that was fine but then I found myself driving through little villages and driving on narrow roads(lots of 30mph limits) until eventually the road met up with the A55 about 25 miles from the port.It cost me about an hour not because of any holdups but just the speed restrictions in place.

Please tell me there is something screwy with my unit!! How could it choose such a route when there were motorways/DC available all the way from Lond to the port.
    Anybody else have similar issues with theirs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

JackieChan wrote:
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question but I'll motor ahead anyway!
    It's not really .. see http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=889

But anyway, have you got it set to 'shortest route', instead of 'fastest route'? That sometimes comes up with some quite bizarre routings. I don't know the TomTom One, but most GPS systems have some kind of option like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Its set to fastest route. I'm sure I'd have been driving up mountain paths had a gone shortest route! Although I have to say I'd be more interested in holidaying in Wales than previously. A lot of the A5 is a very scenic drive.

Appreciate if mods could move this to the consumer electronics forum.
    Thanks

Advertisement