Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for new home

Options
  • 02-05-2007 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Due to an RL friend breaking up with his RL girlfriend, both of whom are in our guild, a bunch of Irish Alliance players (4-6) are considering migrating to a new server. Since we're spread over Ireland and Britain, WoW is our only point of contact anymore and the friend in question now feels uncomfortable playing on the same server/guild as his ex. We have about 7-8 60+ chars (2 x warrior, 2 x Rogue, 1 x Mage, 1 x Hunter, 2 x Paladin) between us and a number of alts throughout the ranges.

We're all old RPGers (a number of us were regular WARPcon officers, others Maynooth gamers, even an old WaRPiG in there) and play WoW to challenge ourselves. The lvl 70 players have all dipped our toes into Kara and in our spare time do things like solo'ing Strat (live and UD) and Scholo, dual boxing Ramparts(completed) and Blood Furnace (stuck on second boss), mid air PvP kills, speed boosting guild alts (6 pull SM Cath, 9 minute Stockades) and other things which we find fun/interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

is your server pve or pvp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

/quit WOW /join LOTRO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

@Cance

Emeriss is a PvP server so (as far as I know) there's no limitation on where we can transfer to, aside from the obvious cost.

@Sunzz

Tbh, personally, I'm holding out for either Conan or Warhammer because I know people involved in both - got to support old gamers made good :)

create an alt on laughing skull EU, /w earindur, might have some space for you if you are interested in end game.

Laughing skull horde/alliance ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Might have room for you folks if you're interested in a transfer. Guild is on Arathor (alliance), which is a PVE realm, and our "core" members have been playing together now for 18+ months.

We're not a huge guild, we don't raid military style and don't have attendance guidelines, but we do like to make progress when we raid. Currently got Prince in Kara down to 2%, so hopefully he'll die soon ;) We usually raid 3 times a week, or 4 if we get particularly far and want to kill something badly.

If you're interested send me a PM with the details of your chars / levels and I'll check what my fellow officers think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

cant transfer from pvp to pve ^

and are you horde or alliance?!

cant transfer from pvp to pve ^
    Yup, you can. You can transfer from a PVP realm to any other. I checked this with an alt that I have on Laughing Skull.

Some relevant bits and bobs for the character transfer process:
    o Characters on a Normal (PvE) or RP realm may not transfer to a PvP or RP-PvP realm.
    o You may not transfer a character to a PvP realm if you already have characters of the opposing faction on that PvP realm.
    o If a character leaves a PvP or RP-PvP realm, that character will not be permitted to transfer back to a PvP or RP-PvP realm under any circumstance.
    and are you horde or alliance?!

He said alliance in his first post :)

sunzz wrote:
    Laughing skull horde/alliance ?

alliance.

I've never pld alliance any chance if I roll an alt on the server could maybe join the guild end game?

Any specific class your guild needs at the moment?

I've got a blood elf pally currently raiding khar, but it's depressing being an healbot. Not to mention farming as a holy pally for pots and the repairs :(

thinking of rolling a druid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

sunzz wrote:
    Not to mention farming as a holy pally for pots and the repairs :(
    Pity you're horde, the SoV buff on PTR is apparently making holy farming much easier with spell damage gear for alliance holydins :)

sunzz wrote:
    I've never pld alliance any chance if I roll an alt on the server could maybe join the guild end game?

Any specific class your guild needs at the moment?

I've got a blood elf pally currently raiding khar, but it's depressing being an healbot. Not to mention farming as a holy pally for pots and the repairs :(

thinking of rolling a druid.

Sure, get to 70 and i dont see a problem, but the classes we do need at present are healers!

Rolled a dreanai priest there on laughing skull.

pretendadon level 10 at moment but im playing in work so not getting alot done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Thank you for your kind offer Moridin, once our 'missing' friend logs back onto Vent/Skype I'll begin the discussion of whether he's willing to get over his issue or whther a server migration is the prefered route. Since I can't predict when this will happen I'm afraid I can't give an estimate of when I can respond :(

It's all good. I'll drop you my mail address in a PM just in case :)

can whoever is connecting to LS as paddypaddy please send me a PM? i keep missing you :(

Advertisement