Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend me a cheap, non-boring car (ages Audis reliable?!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I'd go for the audi for tax reasons and that 1.6 will go forever, once serviced correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Forget about "Jeeps" for that money ..they'll be tired, very tired from a lot of hard work.

The Audi A4 1.6? Nice enough car, not particularly exhilarating to drive, the 1.6 is a bit asthmatic

I'd go for the (a) E class Merc (provided it has no major rust and the engine has been serviced regularly) ...should keep going for another good while.

No race car either though, especially in 2.0 form ...but a nice, competent drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I think I would plum for the Merc too. I think they were still making decent cars back then.

A few years ago herself had a 1997 A3 1.6L that we got with 43k miles on the clock, it gave me nothing but trouble. It put me off Audis for life!! Could have been an unlucky car though, always problems. Head gasket went, electrics played up constantly, the instrument cluster had a mind of it's own. The immobiliser system also had a mind of it's own, sometimes it would let you start the car others it wouldn't, even a new key didn't solve the problem. It let water in & the floors were always saturated.

The only thing I think of when I see a Pajero of that vintage is a great big dirty black could of smoke coming from the exhaust. I have heeard that they burn oil (more than normal) once they reach a certain mileage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

How 'bout this

Nice Comfortable car. Full leather. Looks clean. Honda Engine.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=669777

Advertisement