Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Doe Test

Options
  • 02-05-2007 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

I have a corolla car/van booked in for a DOE test next week, it's the first time that I've done this and was looking for advice on any pre-test checks that I could do.
    For example, in the NCT, there's a check for spare wheel,rear seat belts (visible),wheel covers removed, it's these type of things in a van that I would like to check for, not the major things, hopefully they're OK!!!
    Any help would be welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

I put my van through the DOE a couple of months ago. It's meant to be easier than the NCT. Couldn't really tell you what they check, but it's done by the dealers, so the first time I did it it failed, but the dealers said if I pay them to sort it out (needed new tracking rods) instead of a different mechanic they'd re-do it for free so didn't really cost me anything by failing the first time and not getting it prepared for it in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Thanks for the reply Tony, I just don't want the van to fail over something "silly" that I could have checked for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

As far as I know you have to carry a warning triangle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ianbrennan2000

i had to get my focus van weighed. got it done in m50 truck center in finglas.

guy wouldn't accept vehicle reg cert as they want unladen weight and it isn't stated on it. it gives payload capacity and max permissable gross weight.

think he was prob just being a fussy f*****r but i still had to get it weighed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I thought car/vans were exempt from NCT/DOE tests or has this changed.An acquantance of mine has a '93 fiesta van and it has never been tested and he was also told by the Co.Co. that these vehicles were exempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

colm_mcm wrote:
    As far as I know you have to carry a warning triangle.

And a Fire Extinguisher

Advertisement