Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

parking sensors on car

Options
  • 01-05-2007 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've just bought a new car (seat leon) sport up and have put quite a bit of extras into it. The one type of extra I wasn't sure whether it was worthwhile or not is parking sensors. Those of you with this car... how do you find reversing/parking and would the parking sensors be a worthwhile investment?
    If you have parking sensors on another car... were they worth it ?
    agent_smith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

i wouldn't waste my money; parking sensors are the most annoying thing you can put in a car - beep, beep:mad:
    just use your mirrors and look over your shoulder, they're cheaper extras!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I have them on my rodeos, they are good, especially as my dept perception isn't great (according to Dublin Bus). They came with model I got though, their not something I would buy as an optional extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

priceless, best thing I've ever had in a car, regardless of size of car if you see a spot you think might be big enough, squeeze her in there, they've got side sensors, front you just know when that tree is going to do damage, they're excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

They are good but you can come over reliant on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

They are good but you can come over reliant on them.

forgot to mention that, it gets very very strange when you have to park a car without them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I think they're only about 50 nicker. I'm thinking of getting them myself, as my car is covered in bumps and scrapes (my gate has about three inches' clearance on each side as I drive in).

Advertisement