Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What MK is a 2003 VW Passat?

Options
  • 01-05-2007 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am pricing wipers for a car on eBay and they are talking about Mk4, MK3 etc....

Anyway, can anyone help me by telling me what mark a 2003 VW Passat is please? I'll only go and buy wipers for a Trident Submarine if left alone !!!

Thanks,

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

AFAIK its a Mk4. Questions like this on fleabay and others are irrelevant. What's important is the chassis number which will indicate the model code. I'd imagine you have a 3B Passat. Your chassis number should read WVWzzz3Bz3E123456. This number (an example) says that it's a VW, 2003, Model 3B, assembled in Emden, with a serial number 123456.

Post your chassis number if you wish and I'll interpret it for you.

EDIT : Sorry, you have a Mk5 - not 4 - my apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Thanks crosstownk. Much appreciated.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

I left manual at work (easiest place for me to get chassis no).

D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

FYI, the chassis number is on a plate under the bonnet. It is also on a vehicle data sticker which is usually stuck to the spare wheel well in the boot. An identical sticker is on the inside cover of the service schedule (in the manual pack).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,133 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

1997 to 2005 VW Passat was known as the B5 after the code name given to it's platform. I would presume this is the same as MkV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement