Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish rail, bank holiday weekend.

Options
  • 01-05-2007 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Hi. does anyone know what the story is with the train timetables over the bank holiday weekend?

intend to get the train to galway on the sunday before bank holiday monday. i checked their site but it says: "sundays; except those before public holidays"

would i be correct is assuming there are more trains on sundays before bank holidays due to increased numbers of commuters?

anybody know what the story is with this?

many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

/me looks at the website, www.irishrail.ie

It looks like the nice way of saying "f**k al trains".

Dublin Heuston to Galway on 06/05 leaves at 08:40, swpas at Athlone at 10:35 gets to Galway at 11:50
    Dublin Heuston to Galway on 06/05 leaves at 13:45 gets there at 16:18
    Dublin Heuston to Galway on 06/05 leaves at 18:45 gets there at 21:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

Follow this link for a simple version of whats happening on Sunday 6th next.

http://forum.platform11.org/showthread.php?t=2394

Engineering works in Portarlington, so lots of bus transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

thanks a lot for the info folks. i'll be damned if i get stuck on a bus to galway.

feckin irish rail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

There are still two direct trains operating on Sunday from Heuston to Galway:

One at 1345 (arr 1618) and a second at 1845 (arr 2134).

It's only the first train at 0840 that is being replaced by a bus from Heuston to Athlone.

The works at Portarlington are vital to improving journey times, and as such some disruption is inevitable.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

The notice says the 22:45 Heuston to Kildare on Saturday is canceled but IR's online timetable says it is to be served by a "Bus". It also says the 20:00 to Kildare will be served by a bus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

irish rail is dodgy enough at the best of times so i can only imagine how bad it'll be on sunday.

i've resigned to driving *sigh*

Advertisement