Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

will this pass the nct?

Options
  • 01-05-2007 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

hi, my friend is selling his car over to me sometime soon...

its a 96 almera with 50k on the clock.

it has to go for nct in 3 weeks and im wondering if it will pass the nct

its dinged a few places and the rev meter doesnt work. will that affect passing the nct?

was quoted 1000 euros to have rev meter repaired (the car isnt worth that much money!)

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

The rev counter should not matter. The only way to see if it will pass is to put it through the test. If anything needs to be fixed you will know then and can get it repaired. A retest is only 28 euro so testing it to see whats wrong is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Rev counter will not be a problem as it's not part of the test. The main things they look for on the instrument panel are the speedometer, speedometer illumination and the main beam warning light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

In some basic cars they dont even have a rev counter (Ie the fiat sesssetintinggeoon), yea that car, the rev counter is only on the sporting model.

-VB-

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

emissions emissions emissions

then suspension , and lights

they seem to be the biggies.

going for my retest on Wednesday.

hope the lights stay aligned over the long weekend, mechanic will have to focus them manually on thurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I would have thought that if a device/instrument, such as a rev counter, is there, it has to be working.

My ABS was malfunctioning and disabled before the test, but yet they failed me on it (the warning light was on as I had removed the ABS fuses). Without ABS the brake system is like any other car without ABS, but the NCT were having none of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement