Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

shuttering carpenter for stairs in Mayo

• 01-05-2007 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ thekooman

in the middle of a self build at the moment and am on the lookout for a shuttering carpenter / chippie to form up a concrete stairs. shouldn't be more than 2 days work in it. am based 15 miles from Castlebar and 15 from Ballina. so its central enough in Mayo.
    we hope to get hollowcore in in the next 2 weeks.
    if anyone knows of one do let us know please either on here or through a PM if names don't want to be mentioned! :)

its probably too small of a job for a formwork company to take on. would get priced to the hill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭ sundodger5

Hi, in the middle of the same headache as you. we used a guy called Tony Henry got his detals from the Mayo Echo. same price as a friend had paid for a red deal stairs and A1 work. even the guy who id my plans was impressed and he is hard please. couldn't fault the formwork and it was a fairly complex round stairs. he returned phoecalls and arrived on the site when he said he would.
    if i come accross hos card i will get back to you.
    regards Mark

aha... call him on 087-6806934
    he did our job in Balla if he asks where you got the number...
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ thekooman

cheers sundodger, I'll give him a shout later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 donegal chippe/

thekooman wrote: »
    in the middle of a self build at the moment and am on the lookout for a shuttering carpenter / chippie to form up a concrete stairs. shouldn't be more than 2 days work in it. am based 15 miles from Castlebar and 15 from Ballina. so its central enough in Mayo.
    if anyone knows of one do let us know please either on here or through a PM if names don't want to be mentioned! :)

its probably too small of a job for a formwork company to take on. would get priced to the hill.
    i will do the job for 3300

• Registered Users Posts: 4 donegal chippe/

hi i have been in the trade for this 15years work is very busy

you mustn't be getting too much work with that price :-)
    went with a timber stairs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭ Carpenter

thekooman wrote: »

Hi
    I find this funny what makes you think there is 2 days work in it are you a carpenter or were you told it by a mate:confused:

1. chippie relation was saying around that.
    2. worked on industrial sites where i helped/laboured on formworkers making up stairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ✭✭✭ MouthPiece

"chippie relation was saying around that."

It`s a wonder he didn`t do the job for you? :confused:.

MouthPiece wrote: »
    "chippie relation was saying around that."

It`s a wonder he didn`t do the job for you? :confused:.

jez, thats an old post for reopening.....

went for a normal timber stairs in the end.

Advertisement