Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock to Sandyford Ind. Estate

Options
  • 01-05-2007 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

HI,

Im working near Sandyford Ind. estate and am looking for somewhere to rent. I can see the traffic is mad most places, but was just wondering what it was like in the mornings and evenings between blackrock and sandyford ind. est. ?

wouls it be an option to cycle or is it too far ?? ( seeing as I havent been on a bike in years !!! )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Now I'm no expert on anything here, but it would be a fair length for a cycle. Thats assuming you come from Blackrock village, up towards Deansgrange, over the bridge at Cornelscourt, on up to Whites Cross, down there to Sandyford ind. est. It is quite a bit, but if you were willing to do it, it'd be fine I'm sure. Timewise: I'd give it half an hour max., but as I said, I'm no total expert, so the distance could be further than I'm thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

The Deansgrange Road is mostly going out of the way.

Most direct route is from Blacrock is up Newtown Park Avenue, across Whites Cross junction and like Mushy says, sail on down Leopardstown road to the estate. The same route as the 114 i think.

You'll get super fit going up that hill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Yup, up Carysfort Avenue, then on to Newtownpark Ave and finally onto Leopardstown Road. It's not that far a cycle. Probably 2.5 miles. I used to do it every evening coming home from college. Only problem is its all uphill (and of course all downhill in the other direction).

The 114 bus is the other option, but it can be infrequent. http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=114

• Registered Users Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Most direct route is from Blacrock is up Newtown Park Avenue

Well, as I said, I am not an expert on the region:D. Although how I forgot that way is actually beyond me. Its a hell of a lot quicker, would knock at least 10-15 mins of my route:eek:

Advertisement