Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best place to advertise car for sale or tips for selling a car please!

Options
  • 01-05-2007 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Heya, trying to sell a lovely audi A3 '00 - Have it in car buyers guide & buy & sell but getting no calls at all :( Anyone any tips - I need rid of it as I have just bought a new one & am stuck payin insurance on both cars (case it gets nicked or something - I live in dublin city centre area would be just my luck!)
    Have priced it pretty much in line with other A3s of same specs etc & have a lovely pic on CBG. I dunno wot else to do! Are people only interested in newer cars now or what?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Glanza V

Put it on carzone and drop the price by a grand if you want to get rid of it. It should shift in a week or two if it has all the extra's and that. And most of my friend only use carzone so its a good 30 euro spent. Also if you want to lash out on the auto trader do. remember to always include a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭DSN

Thanks for that yeh. got advice from a friend that car buyers guide (on-line + mag) was best so forked out €50 for that but getting diddly squat, apart from one of those scam calls from UK. Have already dropped the price by 500 quid on line.
    Are you a kind of car expert - do u think its overpriced @ 8.5k? It doesnt have many extras to be honest & mileage is high BUT has full audi service history & just got a full service @ audi 2 weeks ago & really is in great condition.
    http://cbg.ie/Car_detail.asp?CBGID=683881&ID=1012266&NumPics=3&Make=Audi&Model=A3&frmFilter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Glanza V

Car expert no. But I know what i am talking about when it comes to them!!! i just did a quick search on carzone on 2000 A3's. I came up with this as most do!!

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&maxrows=100&MakeID=2&xMakeID=2&ModelID=12&xModelID=12&Year=2000&xYear=2000&submit=Find+cars+%3E%3E

First thing i saw was that there are many with less milage and a less price tag so if you want to move it on quick i would consder getting it down to the 7.5 mark. Up to you at the end of the day, but if it was me i would rather loose a grand than wait 2 or 3 months for the right buyer.
    The car market has slowed down also with the increase in import cars. Most people are also going for diesel cars (including myself last week)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

also try to get as much coverage as possible
    you could put it up on www.adverts.ie or www.funkymotors.ie both of which are free and local newspapers are always for shifting motors. I agree carzone is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭DSN

Cheers for the tips - will defo put it up on those 2 sites I never heard of them! to be honest i thought everyone overpriced their cars on these ads. & u gotta leave room for bit of negiociation which i was trying to do but maybe its just putting people off! thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement