Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vatsim

Options
  • 01-05-2007 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭

Seems I've discovered a gem in this forum, only found it recently, had no idea it was here...:rolleyes:

Just wondering how many of you simmers are members of VATSIM? For those of you that don't know its an online FS community that replaces that crappy default ATC with real people using special software, and replacing those annoying AI aircaraft with humans :) - completely free also of course. There's an Irish division too.

Im not plugging it (much :rolleyes:) nor am I staff or anything, just wondering if people use it here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭andrew_ireland

Yup, great system isn't it! I've been way to busy to fly over the past few months but hope to get back into it soon and fly some large commercials. I take it your a member too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Used it a lot for about 2 years, did loads of flights online between Ireland and UK and a few times organised group flights down to Malta, Canaries, Faro, Malaga or across to the Isle of Man. Really good fun and very enjoyable to come into or depart from a busy, fully staffed airport!

Havent done it now in over a year as Ive been busy with music and stuff but some free sunday i must fire it up and "request my clearance"

Anyone that hasnt tried it...go for it! Initial learning curve is fairly steep but they're by and large a v friendly group and newbies are helped along well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Yep, I'm a member, thought that was obvious :rolleyes:

As pclancy said it's a knack that takes some getting used to - but not something that phased me in the least and i'm a well-known lazy person. It's fantastic fun when you get used to it and I'd reccommend it to anyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lofty1069

Hi all,

Yes, Use VATSIM regularly, for controlling and flying.  Mostly fly VFR and small aircraft

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Love it. Don't "fly" without it.

Was a great help when I start doing lessons for the PPL. I was able to do RT from the very start with no problems at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Lofty1069

I very rarely fly offline now myself,  watch out for EI-NDR in the virtual skies... that my favoured callsign

Advertisement