Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iQon Factory Sale - Cheap Desktops/Laptops

Options
  • 01-05-2007 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭

Almost kept this one to myself but sure I've seen a few bargains here before...so share the wealth
    3 Day sale from their Dundalk Factory in Louth. This Bank Holiday Weekend
    Desktops from €149-€399
    Laptops from €349-549

Check out www.iqon.ie or view full list of prices here
    http://www.iqon.ie/files/20070501095456_iqon-factory-sale.pdf
    hehehe being a trade we get to go in on the Friday before the sale offically starts :D

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I use iQons in work and they rarely give any bother. Some good prices there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not a fan of iQon but some great prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

superb value cheers OP gonna take a trip to dundalk over weekend..even if you dont want a computer theres still some seriously cheap stuff there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Seriously wouldn't touch them. badly made, low grade components, dreadful customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

superb value cheers OP gonna take a trip to dundalk over weekend..even if you dont want a computer theres still some seriously cheap stuff there..
    meh, didn't see anything special about their VGA cards or monitors.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

hmmm - there's some decent enough stuff in there alright... tempted to make the trip, but would like to get some more feedback on iQons first

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Decent machines but they use the most obscure hardware Ive ever come across,
    If you get one keep the drivers cd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Decent machines but they use the most obscure hardware Ive ever come across,
    If you get one keep the drivers cd!

Too rite, nothing they use is normal at all. But its no hassle at all. As you can pick up the drivers from www.everex.com for certain models.

I had myseld a iqon about 5/6 years ago, baught it as my missus siister worked in esb, and we got a 60% discount. And 1800+ ( jiuhb ) so that went to 2.5ghz :) the thing lasted ages. and any hassle i had iqon/phillips came and picked it up and returned it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Using an iQon laptop I bought about 2 years ago. Haven't had any problems, works a treat. iQon is only a trading name for Philips right? They are essentially Philips laptops (if that counts for anything!)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I thought they were just iQon machines, but used Philips screens

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

byte wrote:
    I thought they were just iQon machines, but used Philips screens

I was pretty sure it was a division or sub company of phillips. But ya never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

HavoK wrote:
    Not a fan of iQon but some great prices.

Agreed, customer support non existant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Yeh, the laptops are alright, I rang their support once looking for drivers and was pointed to a site with full cd downloads for each machine, so it was problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭jaceq

Do You guys maybe know anything with this AGFA camera that will be on sale? (model etc.) It looks interesting and You can use it as a webcam as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Some good bargains there on monitors but correct me if i'm wrong, the clearance is only in the IQon Factory in Louth? And not available online!

Shame! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

basquille wrote:
    the clearance is only in the IQon Factory in Louth? And not available online!

Shame! :(
    Ah its not too bad, it'd be worth the trip I reckon, make a day out of it sure :p

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

As said, I use iQons in work for supply to our customers. I'd say I have had about 200 in the last 2 years and of that I have had about 5 with VGA port failure and maybe another 5 with DVD drive failures. I have also had another 6 or so with Windows errors, but I just re-ghost them to sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

sure come on down to dundalk for the day its a great place...just don't talk to anybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Has anyone rang up and reserved yet? Anyone know what sort of stock they have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭jaceq

I e-mailed them with question about AGFA camera, no answer yet (e-mailed yesterday)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

logistic wrote:
    Has anyone rang up and reserved yet? Anyone know what sort of stock they have?

Yeah, reserved a few usb 512mb memory keys, all the igb ones were already gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The laptops aren't that great a deal unless you go for the very basic models. once you go up a bit your at the same price as a basic dell of the same spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I heard an ad on Today FM for this sale today, so it will probably be mobbed! If your after something I'd say get there early!:D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Hi

did anyone go to their sale?

was there much left? anything else other than what on the pdf on their website?

Thanks

I went up yesterday morning. Got there just after 10, had to que for 30-40mintes to get in.

They did have other stock that wasnt in the brochure

Laptops
    Samsung R40 €599
    HP and an Acer travelmate (core solo processor) dunno the models they were around €550 mark
    Pritners
    Cannon all in one and a HP photo printer i think.
    Philips 32" LCD tv
    Travel mouse and 2 differnt types of laptop bags
    LG 19" flat

They also sold out of some of there own brand laptops by the time i got in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Cas2007

is vat included on these

yes vat is included

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

the laptops are not that great anyway considering the processors are out of date... that's just my opinion though...

but it all depends on what you want them for

• Registered Users Posts: 39 elless

zAbbo wrote: »
    meh, didn't see anything special about their VGA cards or monitors.
    zAbbo,
    Im having wicked hassle getting my iQon PC model# 945GZM-S2to detect a newly inserted nVidia Geforce Video Card. Ive disbale the onboard one and tried to install the driver for the nVidia one but its not detecting it at all for me.Any ideas as Im baffled?
    thanks
    elless:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

elless wrote: »
    zAbbo,
    Im having wicked hassle getting my iQon PC model# 945GZM-S2to detect a newly inserted nVidia Geforce Video Card. Ive disbale the onboard one and tried to install the driver for the nVidia one but its not detecting it at all for me.Any ideas as Im baffled?
    thanks
    elless:confused:

Almost a 4 year old thread? Ask here instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement