Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII-Online: Battleground Europe

Options
  • 01-05-2007 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just wanted to ask if anyone plays WWII Online Battleground Europe (no, has nothing to do with the other game "Battleground")?

Here is a link to the game:

http://www.playnet.com/scripts/wwiionline/index.jsp

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,
    P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Never heard of this before. Seems to have gotten good reviews on GameSpot. Might check it out, but then again, I'm trying to get stuck into Lord Of The Rings, so we'll see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

humanji wrote:
    Never heard of this before. Seems to have gotten good reviews on GameSpot. Might check it out, but then again, I'm trying to get stuck into Lord Of The Rings, so we'll see :D

Hi humanji,

thanks for the reply. Sorry I should have mentioned that I am playing it for over a year now, on and off. It is really good and there are always some updates every couple of months. The best thing about it is the size of the ingame playing world. If you let your soldier run from one side of the map to the other it takes up to 6 days in real time! Also it is played 24/7 which means you always people online at any given time. It seems to be very popular with US, Auzzie and European players which is great as there is always a good number of players online at any given time due to the different time zones.
    Playernumber is unlimited, apparently they have multiple servers up and running and I have seen attacks with over 70 people at one time while the enemy had a similar number defending.

I am only playing axis (German) but you can always swap and play allied (British/French) and vice versa.

Best,
    P.

EDIT: I think they have a 14 days free trial here:

http://www.playnet.com/scripts/wwiionline/be_info.jsp

Advertisement