Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Traffic today in Dublin

Options
  • 01-05-2007 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what's the story with the traffic in Tallaght/Clondalkin this morning. What's the cause of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,385 ✭✭✭fletch

Perhaps the M50/N7 new junction layout which came into effect this morning
    red-cow-illus_lg-apr07.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

fletch wrote:
    Perhaps the M50/N7 new junction layout which came into effect this morning

That, and the roadworks on the N7 were an hour late in finishing this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

AA Ireland were advising people to avoid the Red Cow junction and to use a different junction to access/exit the M50. As a result many people were coming in the N7 as far as Newland Cross and then turning north to access the N4. This caused even worse delays on the N4 inbound than usual. Not sure how badly other areas were affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,051 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

testicle wrote:
    That, and the roadworks on the N7 were an hour late in finishing this morning.
    Will the roadworks be removed this evening? I'm looking into a alternate route from Citywest to the M50 based on what i heard the N7 was like this morning, but if it is likely to be ok, i'll just go my normal route.

eve wrote:
    AA Ireland were advising people to avoid the Red Cow junction and to use a different junction to access/exit the M50. As a result many people were coming in the N7 as far as Newland Cross and then turning north to access the N4. This caused even worse delays on the N4 inbound than usual. Not sure how badly other areas were affected.

Yeah right, N7 was back to Rathcoole. If they struggled to get to Newlands, they would have kept going.

• Advertisement

Tauren wrote:
    Will the roadworks be removed this evening? I'm looking into a alternate route from Citywest to the M50 based on what i heard the N7 was like this morning, but if it is likely to be ok, i'll just go my normal route.

I'm sorry to have to let you know that they will be there for quite a few years yet.

testicle wrote:
    I'm sorry to have to let you know that they will be there for quite a few years yet.
    May 2008 at least.... damn them.

N7 has been really handy for me since i started driving it, only took me 5 minutes to get down it yesterday. Might drive it again today and see what the traffic is actually like, don't want to risk getting myself lost looking for another route if i don't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I left Tallght at 9:20 this morning to head for JFK industrial estate. I didn't get back to Tallaght until 11 - I came back a different way which only took 20 mins. Every approach to the Mad Cow roundabout is fcuked. Avoid it if you can. It's gonna be nightmare for quite a few months to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Fcuking backwards country with backwards planning and implementation.

Anytime I've driven by the upgrade works on a friday afternoon, there has been little or no activity after 3pm and again sweet nothing on saturdays/sundays... when will planners implement the building style used on the continent (i.e. blitz it until its complete, morning noon and night).

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Whats more annoying is the fact that I travel to Ballyfermot. Before usual route was down the m50, off at the n4 junction and then down the palmerstown dual carriagway. Then the blocked this route meaning you had to go passed Liffey Valley to go that way. I decided that 15 mins waiting on the off ramp for the redcow was worth it! Now thats blocked!! GRrrrrrr :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Think Ill just go through town instead, down through Tallaght, off templeville road and through walkinstown roundabout!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Well, given that I've heard people texting newstalk this morning saying that they're not going to vote FF as a result of this cockup. I bet the works'll be suspended until May 25th!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

thank god i wasnt there but i heard it was a disaster.there was loads of traffic around red cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Was the snarl caused by the late finishing of the work this morning or the new layout? The map in the post above doesn't make the change too drastic. All that's changed from last week is the transfer of inbound traffic into the "outbound" lane for a bit. surely that can't cause a 2 hour delay?

I'm coming up from Shannon tomorrow AM so it looks like I'll be cutting up through Newcastle to get onto the N4. :(

Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

The changes on the map dont look that drastic, however the key thing is that the inbound stretch from Newlands to the M50 roundabout was down to one lane from three. Also ironically it could happen that the N7 is the best way to travel tomorrow as everyone heads to the N4 and other routes to avoid it (well at least thats what I'm hoping)

TychoCaine wrote:
    The map in the post above doesn't make the change too drastic. All that's changed from last week is the transfer of inbound traffic into the "outbound" lane for a bit. surely that can't cause a 2 hour delay?

Look again.

The grey bit of road is closed. The Red Cow is no longer a roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

It took me roughly 40 minutes to get from Rathcoole to the red cow .. and i left at 6.30 ! :eek:

Ar$e! I need to be in Park West for 10am..... It'll be an early start for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Was chronic all over the city today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

The fallback from yesterday's events meant that the N4 was pretty heavy this morning, presumably with people looking for an alternative route - how was the N7 this time?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

For the past few days the traffic along the Rock Road from Blackrock to Merrion has been absolutely chaotic! A journey that takes approx 5 mins when there is no traffic took me 45 minutes! It is very strange as it has been far worse than usualy for no apparant reason!

Someone told me that it might be people taking alternative routes cause of the madnes on the M50 etc, is this true or can anyoe offer another explanation?

• Advertisement

ciarsd wrote:
    The fallback from yesterday's events meant that the N4 was pretty heavy this morning, presumably with people looking for an alternative route - how was the N7 this time?
    from looking at AAroadwatch, the N7 was going at a normal pace, same as most other days. Also, a few friends in work were screwed by the delays yesterday, but were fine today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,385 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh the N7 was grand this morning at 6:15 :D

I hit the tailback on the N7 @ the Green Isle at about 7:40 and traffic wasn't much worse than average. It took 25 minutes to get out the other side of the Red Cow. The N4 was messed up because there was a bad crash early this morning which caused tailbacks to the Leixlip turn off.

My only problem was that I came up 90 minutes earlier than normal because I was expecting to be stuck in traffic, so now I've got time to kill :o

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

N4 was really bad today-due to people trying to avoid the N7 and 2 accidents on the M50 roundabout. Took a friend 50 mins to get from the Celbridge interchange on the N4 to the speed camera beside the Spa Hotel in Lucan

Advertisement